Harmony Ultimate configuration (1 Viewer)

Dr Morris

Portal Member
September 25, 2012
Dorset
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi All,

I've always struggled a little with my Philips MCE remote on Mepo but the basic functions have worked with a generic IR receiver for a good few years. However now have a Streacom FLIRC IR card and Harmony Ultimate to improve things. Many things work 'out of the box' with a FLIRC Harmony mapping in myHarmony but I am uncertain how to 'fine tune' keys including one to give the TV Guide and another to 'record'

1. How do I know what key mappings in MEPO are associated to the Harmony? I've loaded the HID Demo to see what key presses are detected and this doesn't seem to produce anything.
2. Should I adjust the Harmony and the key mapping through the FLIRC key mapping software or adjust the MEPO HID instead?

to be honest I've probably just made this too complicated and hope someone will sort me out. harmony Remote/hub -> myHarmony -> IR Receiver -> Driver -> OS -> MEPO

If anyone has a ready made mapping file or two, that would be superb (FLIRC Config, Harmony config, MEPO config) :)

I am running 1.15 on Windows 10.

many thanks

Stéphane Lenclud

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 29, 2013
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    I'd say you need to get FLIRC to behave like a normal MCE receiver, I don't know if it can do that, however I reckon it should as they claim it does everything.
    When that's done you should be able to see what key does what in HID Demo.

to be honest I've probably just made this too complicated
    You sure did that by getting a FLIRC which is a configurable solution rather that a standard MCE receiver like the ones from Inteset for instance.
    Then again there is so many hardware and software IR solutions for PC out there that's very easy to get confused.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    A FB funktioniert plötzlich nicht mehr korrekt Allgemeines Supportforum 0
    HTPCSourcer Harmony Smart Control freezes Input/Output Interfaces 3
    T IMON+Logitech Harmony General 3
    O Analog Angel USB TV Tuner on Windows 7 Ultimate Newcomers Forum 7
    toricred [solved] Configuring TV Server to use NAS General 1
    framug [solved] Some changes/fix in MP1 configuration client and server Submit: code patches (MediaPortal/TV-Server/etc.) 14
    W Info on particular configuration Installation, configuration support 2
    horned_reaper MediaPortal configuration error log message General Support 1
    T TV Series Configuration funktioniert nicht Plugins & Erweiterungen 15
    HTPCSourcer [Evaluate] Remove obsolete menu entries from "MP2 TV Configuration" MediaPortal 2 0
    T I cannot get a basic media import-what is the best configuration? General 10
    P Configuration Moving Pictures Support d'installation et de configuration 0
    cbr954rr How to disable a pre-configured plugin? General 2
    M.Hulot [solved] PureVisionHD 1080 taucht nicht im Configurator auf Allgemeines Supportforum 12
    Edwardfc Fanart setup/configuration General 10
    Edwardfc [solved] Mp 2.2.1 Configuration Issues - Goes to Sleep while playing Music General 6
    P Configuration closes on channel scan General 26
    M App Icon starts Configuration Installation, configuration support 3
    O [solved] MP2.2.1 TV-Server Configuration wont start after initial installation General 10
    D [solved] How to configure subtitle color in MP 2.2.1? General 5
    sve1 Invalid DateTime when loading configuration tool Trakt 5
    johns11 [solved] MP2.2 TV configuration issue General 4
    H MP2.2 client TV-Server configuration General 17
    R MP 2.2 TV configuration General 13
    E [solved] No Live TV in MP2.2 Client - Can TEST Successfully in "MediaPortal 2 TV Configuration" utility General 8