Has MPTray been updated for Win7? (1 Viewer)

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Has MPTray been updated for Win7?

A couple of days ago I've integrated the original MPTray into MP's solution mainly to use its RemotePlugins.dll.
    It does work out of the box on W7 so I am curious what changes you did? Even without my curiosity: please do ALWAYS include the source code if you provide modified binaries here!

If some change would have to be done I'd be glad to include it for the next public build as well ;)

Vimes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2009
    Earth, for now
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    rtv - do you not find that without the Mfocus, which I linked in the post above yours, when you have launched MP by The Green Button it is not "focussed"..? I find that if I use MP Tray, which is great, then I need to use MP Focus otherwise the MCE remote wil not control MP unless I then use my mouse, for example, to click on the MP screen to bring it into "focus". Using the linked utility negates needing to use the mouse.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    @rtv - do you not find that without the Mfocus, which I linked in the post above yours, when you have launched MP by The Green Button it is not "focussed"..? I find that if I use MP Tray, which is great, then I need to use MP Focus otherwise the MCE remote wil not control MP unless I then use my mouse, for example, to click on the MP screen to bring it into "focus". Using the linked utility negates needing to use the mouse.

I also see this, although you will get focus by pressing the green button a second time.

Best wishes,

Mark

Vimes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2009
    Earth, for now
    Home Country
    ...goes away mumbling "why didn't I press that green button twice instead of faffing around trying to use other utilities to keep MP in focus..?" :D

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    goes away mumbling "why didn't I press that green button twice instead of faffing around trying to use other utilities to keep MP in focus..?

LOL, just another one of those things you either know or don't, just not documented :(

BigBear

Portal Pro
    February 13, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi guys ang gals,

yesterday i reinstalled my htpc using win7 pro 32bit. everything is fine so far. mptray was installed and runs (taskmanager). I uninstalled windows media center. Unfortunatelly when i press the green button, mp doesnt start. nothing happens.

if i have the taskmanager running and then press the green button the taskmanager window looses focus, but thats it.

i use the latest mp beta and installed the mptraymod for win7 32+64 bit (i think its dated 15.Dec.2009).

Anyone got any ideas?

In some threads i also read, that mptry is included in MP now, but i didnt find any option...

thanks for your help!!

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: Has MPTray been updated for Win7?

Hi guys ang gals,

yesterday i reinstalled my htpc using win7 pro 32bit. everything is fine so far. mptray was installed and runs (taskmanager). I uninstalled windows media center. Unfortunatelly when i press the green button, mp doesnt start. nothing happens.

if i have the taskmanager running and then press the green button the taskmanager window looses focus, but thats it.

i use the latest mp beta and installed the mptraymod for win7 32+64 bit (i think its dated 15.Dec.2009).

Anyone got any ideas?

In some threads i also read, that mptry is included in MP now, but i didnt find any option...

thanks for your help!!

- Uninstall / remove the old mptraymod from registry.
    - Install a recent SVN build
    - Open Configuration -> Third Party Tools

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom