Hauppage Remote Control Plugin (2 Viewers)

T

tremebundo

I am a PVR 150 user.
Please, could anybody send me old plugin version that works with it?

Thanks a lot.

jcee

Portal Pro
November 23, 2004
Please help, I am completly confused:

I got a Hauppauge NOVA-S-CI, as I had a PVR-150 before.

I asumed that there would be the IR32 application and the irremote.ini, which a have to configure. But there is NOTHING!
Nevertheless the Remote works inside the NOVA "Digital TV" application. (Which is not WINTV 2000)

What's going on here? Is this a completly different card now? No IR32 application? :-(

I tried to install the IR32 application which I downloaded from hauppauge, but it failed to install.

HOW do I get the remote to work with MP? As far as I understand the plug-in, it only works, if the standard IR32 work. But it doesnt.

I am completly lost. Please, anybody, give me a lesson on that.

mPod

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
jcee said:
I got a Hauppauge NOVA-S-CI
The Nova-S is one of those cards not being built by Hauppauge. It's a Technotrend card with a Hauppauge sticker on it and does not work with the Hauppauge IR driver stuff, when you install BDA drivers. Sorry for that, that plugin will not work with that card. I'd suggest you'd get an MCE remote in that case.

A

Anonymous

I got the Nova-T with the 45 button Haupauge remote. Any chance of getting a copy of the plugin please?

R

Rembo

Not working

I have tested the ir.exe replacement wtvirbridge and it has the same problem as your plugin. If I check the key logger window everything is successfull except it doesn't receive any keys. On the website of DIRC (which uses this wtvirbridge) it also says:

Warning!
At the moment, DScaler doesn't fully support new WinTV cards based on 881 chipsets! This is solely a DScaler problem; DIRC also works with these cards.
However, DIRC doesn't support the brand new WinTV remote (Characteristics: silver, with teletext colour buttons in the last bottom line) yet!

Apparently something is different with this newer remote.

I also tried GB-PVR (also htpc software), which supports Hauppage remotes. GB-PVR has no problem with my remote, I first have to click something which fixes the hauppage registry settings and than it works just fine (I'm not using the direct communication with the remote which is possible in GB-PVR).

Even after 'fixing' the registry with GB-PVR it still doesn't work in media portal. Maybe you can check out what has been done different in GB-PVR or ask the maintainer of GB-PVR what he has done to support the PVR-150.

mPod

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
Re: Not working

Rembo said:
Apparently something is different with this newer remote.
Not with the remote, but with the PVR-150 driver. The remote is also delivered with other cards and works perfectly there.

Ebeneezer

Portal Member
November 24, 2004
Exception error

Here is an exception error getting with the plugin and the today cvs (configuration version 1.0.1932.24330). Others plugin works well. The exception error occurs in the configuration windows when wanting to view this plugin setup or when using mediaportal with this plugin activated.

Unable to load type AMS.Profile.Xml from assembly Core, Version=1.0.1932.24326, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

************** Texte de l'exception **************
System.TypeLoadException: Impossible de charger le type AMS.Profile.Xml à partir de l'assembly Core, Version=1.0.1932.24326, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null.
at MediaPortal.RemotePlugins.HCWSetupForm.LoadSettings()
at MediaPortal.RemotePlugins.HCWSetupForm..ctor()
at MediaPortal.RemotePlugins.HauppaugeRC.ShowPlugin()
at MediaPortal.Configuration.Sections.Plugins.setupButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

mPod

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
Re: Exception error

Ebeneezer said:
Here is an exception error getting with the plugin and the today cvs (configuration version 1.0.1932.24330). Others plugin works well.
I know... This is because the MP core has been changed. All plugins who don't come with MP can suffer from this. Please use the release version of MP. If you absolutely can't live with the release version and have to use a CVS version, drop me a PM, I'll send you a recompiled version then. Don't forget to include your mail address again, I can't guess who is who in my mailing list... :wink:
A new version will be send to all testers, when the next version of MP is officially released.

updated: (download thread)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom