Hauppauge Card Settings Don't Affect MP Anymore (2 Viewers)

Brocklander

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 15, 2004
    Wellington
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    In the Hauppuage settings you can play with brightness, contrast, saturation, and so forth. These no longer appear in the MP configuration, nor do they make a difference in MP when configured in a Hauppauge settings program. 0.2 RC2 CVS 01-14-2006--01-09.

Is there any explination for this? My TV REALLY needs more contrast :?

Brocklander

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 15, 2004
    Wellington
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I'm not sure which video adjustments you mean... I'm talking about the ones you used to be able to change in MP Config - TV - Capture Cards, then it was accessed from a drop down menu from the Hauppauge card page. It's called Hauppauge Procamp or something. Either way, it's not in there any more, and any changes made externally to those settings don't affect Media Portal.

Nightmare77

Portal Pro
    July 5, 2005
    Canberra
    Home Country
    just guessing but were you using overlay previously, i have noticed that the settings on overlay seem to carry across but vmr9 sort of uses it from the source, so perhaps now that overlay is removed and its using vmr9 , it doesn't look at whats int he overlay settings of your hauppauge card, but i'm guessing sorry

wishywashy

Portal Pro
    January 31, 2005
    Hill AFB, UT
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Oh, ok. I thought you meant the OSD video controls (the little camcorder icon). ie gamma, brightness and contrast. I use these.
    I did forget about timeshifting being on once and wasn't seeing any changes till my screen washed out about 3 mins later. I had to turn off timeshift and make the changes.

BigBuddha

Portal Pro
    August 28, 2005
    Brocklander said:
    Nope, I've always used VMR9, and this functionality disapeared before overlay was removed.

I can verify that those settings have for some reason been removed from the MP card setup area.

And also I think the reason that the Hauppauge Tweak tool settings do not make any difference to MP is this. I have noticed with the tweak tool that (especially the settings for the VidProcAmp that you are referring to contrast etc) MP resets these settings at runtime. So everytime you change the settings with the tweaker, MP simply resets them to it's own defaults when it loads.

I have a PVR 150 MCE and particularly want to change the MP default Sharpness setting from 4, the second lowest setting, to 7 which is the highest setting, to improve the PQ on my HD Plasma.

I also would like to make minor adjustments to the contrast, brightness, saturation and hue etc, which are all found in that same area.

It really seems a shame to take control of these settings out of our hands!!!

elconejito

Portal Pro
    April 28, 2005
    Falls Church, VA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I'd like to add my voice on this too. I really would like access to that control panel again. I set my audio to 192k (from default of 320k) to save a few MBs of space per recording. I also need to adjust contrast/brightness and sharpness too. Is there a way to change within MP?

BigBuddha

Portal Pro
    August 28, 2005
    elconejito said:
    I'd like to add my voice on this too. I really would like access to that control panel again. I set my audio to 192k (from default of 320k) to save a few MBs of space per recording. I also need to adjust contrast/brightness and sharpness too. Is there a way to change within MP?

Maybe somone who has the ear of the powers that be can ask them to either allow the Hauppauge Tweak tool to be able to used without MP wiping the settings with it's own, or reinstating the card setup option from within MP????

elconejito said:
    I really would like access to that control panel again. I set my audio to 192k (from default of 320k) to save a few MBs of space per recording.

As far as I can tell the Hauppauge tweak tool can be used to change the bitrate of the audio and the settings stick even after MP has opened the card. If you don't have access to the Hauppauge tweak tool, PM me with your email and I will send you a copy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom