Hauppauge HD-PVR & Colossus Support (2 Viewers)

saitoh183

Portal Pro
May 6, 2011
Home Country
Canada Canada
You can't use this card to record your ps3. You need a hdpvr2

David Abineri

Portal Pro
July 19, 2011
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I am not sure how to start a new thread so I hope I can ask two questions here.

1. I have inadvertently changed a setting somewhere such that the TV thinks all the channels are protected (encoded) coming from the DirectTv stb. If I run the hdmi from the stb directly to the tv everything is fine (all channels play properly) but if I run it through the Colossus all channels seem to be protected and not viewable. Can anyone help as to where I might look for such a setting?

2. Can the Colossus record using Component input from the stb?

Many thanks, Dave

schwarzrz

Portal Pro
May 23, 2010
Frankfurt
Home Country
Germany Germany
1) I think the DirectTV stb sends a signal with HDCP.
This will not work with Colossus card.
You need something like ViewHD HDMI Splitter VHD 1x2MN3D wwww.U9LTD.com
2) Yes

David Abineri

Portal Pro
July 19, 2011
Home Country
I'm sorry, I should have mentioned that this setup has been working for a couple of years just fine. I have never been able to get restricted channels of course but all the ones I needed. As I said, I inadvertently changed something? The stb decodes the signals I have paid for as I can see tham all with a direct connection but now I cannot see them through the Colossus tuner.

Thanks for your help, Dave

davidpmays

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 10, 2010
    Home Country
    When I run into problems like yours I delete all my channels and rescan. Normally that works for me. You could use sqlworkbench and change the value in the channels table, however, if you stb is now sending lock codes it will not do any good at all. My local cable provider kept messing with channels and it was locking me out and then opening up. I finally cut the cable and moved to over the air. Hauppauge makes a card/box you can put a subscription card in to unlock the locked channels. Your problem may not be related to your system it may be DirectTV.

spachti

Portal Pro
    July 27, 2005
    Bible Belt
    Home Country
    I would be very surprised if DirecTv would allow a signal path without HDCP. Since I'm on Dish, I could be wrong. But when I try to record via HDMI I will get the window that this is not possible, I can't even watch any channel. I think it will be the same on DirecTv. The only way is to use Component.

David Abineri

Portal Pro
    July 19, 2011
    Home Country
    David, As your email arrived, I just rescanned the channels and that worked!

Spachti, I can record my channels using HDMI from DirecTV.

Now, does anyone know if Colossus will record using component input?

Many thanks for the help, Dave

David Abineri

Portal Pro
    July 19, 2011
    Home Country
    Sorry, I spoke too soon.

Here is the situation:
    1. Everything works fine when I take the hdmi directly from the stb to the tv.
    2. Everything has worked fine until yesterday and for the past 2 years.
    3. Yesterday I realized that ESPN had turned on protection for the final rounds at Wimbledon and my tv was not able to decode. DirectTV recommended using component cables instead of HDMI to get around this issue. So I started playing with settings and got in trouble.
    4. Now when the HDMI goes to Colossus and then to the TV it is as if every channel is encrypted and I get the same message as I had received from ESPN. As a result, I cannot record anything currently.
    5. Also, I just get a blank screen when trying to play previously recorded content.
    6. And finaly, I am getting a message that HcwHelper is not running and I do not know how to fix that.
    Attached is a log, I hope someone can help. Thanks for your time. Dave

Attachments

• 248535_standard_IPTV_filter.zip
      154 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom