Hauppauge HD-PVR & Colossus Support (7 Viewers)

spachti

Portal Pro
July 27, 2005
Bible Belt
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
As MM said:
The setting for "component" vs. "HDMI" in TV Server is a tuning detail (channel) setting. In other words, to change from HDMI to component you would generally have to edit every channel. Refer to video source in the screenshot below:
http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...s/Add_or_Edit_a_Channel#Analog_tuning_details

The "meaning" of each video source option is given in the first post of this thread.

Analog tuning details
Below is examples of actual TV channels of different types (Analog, DVB-S etc.)

=Tuning_detail_1_Analog-TV.png

You'll leave the the input type on cable, set video source to YRYBY input 1, you can try and leave audio source on auto or:
pin 8 = Audio_Line = Line In #1 = RCA L/R audio (white and red RCA plugs)
pin 9 = Audio_SPDIFDigital = SPDIF In #2 = S/PDIF audio

depending on your audio connection.
MM is right you will have to do that for every single channel.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    And since I am using Schedules Direct, how do handle the switch from HDMI to component?
    You:
    1. Delete all channels.
    2. Go the SD plugin configuration advanced tab.
    3. Change the video source as required.
    4. Tick the force update option.
    5. Restart the TV service.
    6. Map the new channels to the Colossus.

David Abineri

Portal Pro
    July 19, 2011
    Home Country
    Thanks, mm, Just about everything is working again. I can't seem to force SD to load the EPG but will keep trying.

I wonder if you can clarify something. I have the channels coming in on component cables from the STB to Colossus now but I am still using the HDMI from Colossus to the TV to be able to see the MP activity. Somehow, I was expecting everything to come in on the component port (with component cables also running from Colossus to the TV) on the TV just as it did when I was using HDMI for everything. Is this the way it is supposed to work? Should I just be able to use component cables for everything with no HDMI and see MP and the programming?

Just trying to see the overall data flow.

Thanks, Dave

davidpmays

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 10, 2010
    Home Country
    I do not believe SD will care. When you scan for channels you should get the same channels HDMI or Component. SD cares about the name and MP converts the name into tuning information. Once you output the STB codes for a channel only the tuner would know the difference.[DOUBLEPOST=1436565611][/DOUBLEPOST]Yes component into Colossus and component out of Colossus. One or the other, not both.

spachti

Portal Pro
    July 27, 2005
    Bible Belt
    Home Country
    Since component is an analog signal and hdmi is digital there is no way to have it both ways. The colossus can't do conversions.[DOUBLEPOST=1436567957][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I can't seem to force SD to load the EPG but will keep trying.

Try to log in to your Schedules Direct account, if that works make sure you got your credentials in the MP plugin right. Like MM said, check force grabbing after restart and start your computer new.

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Should I just be able to use component cables for everything with no HDMI and see MP and the programming?
    David and spachti have both answered this. To put their answers in different words (in case it helps you understand)...
    As far as I know the outputs from the Colossus are "pass through". That means if you don't connect something on the input, you won't get anything on the output of the same type. For example, if you don't connect the HDMI input, you won't get anything from the HDMI output. Conversely, since you connected the component input, you should be able to use the component output.

I'm not 100% sure what you mean when you say "MP activity", "everything" and so on. However, I would say...
    When it comes to seeing MediaPortal (the user interface, videos, music, pictures etc.), you need to connect an output from the PC's video/graphics card (ie. not the Colossus). That connection could be made with an HDMI connection.
    If you were just talking about seeing the channel that MP is receiving from the Colossus on the TV then that is an example of "pass through" (as explained above). If this is really what you want, you would connect the Colossus' component output to the TV.

David Abineri

Portal Pro
    July 19, 2011
    Home Country
    OK, Sorry to bother you guys again.
    Logged in to SD to confirm credentials.
    Made sure credentials were the same in TV Server. Checked Force schedule download.
    In MANUAL I turned off server and turned it on, also tried restarting the computer.
    Noted that the Check to Force schedule download was still checked!
    No EPG upgrade was downloaded.

Where do I go from here? Thanks, Dave

David Abineri

Portal Pro
    July 19, 2011
    Home Country
    I can't find the Wiki posting on how to create a TV Server log. How is this done?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    1. Open TV Server configuration.
    2. Click "open log directory" in the top left corner.
    3. Zip all the files in that folder.
    4. Post/attach the zip file.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom