on my system i can get:

digital = yes
analog = no :(

shepard

August 31, 2007
Home Country
Norway Norway
Thanx. I'll try ;) and do some praying as well :p

It works in windows mc. But it's not going smooth.... codec problem? i think i'm using mpeg2 or something. The picture and sound isn't stable. Kind of flickers....

eagleonegr

Portal Member
August 28, 2007
Home Country
Greece Greece
I have the Hauppauge HVR - 1100 non MCE card (hybrid).

There is an error in CaptureCarddefinitions.xml in the name of the encoder. Although the card is non MCE the word "(MCE)" is used. Replacing that with "(Hauppauge)" makes it work (no graph errors - card is found).

Correct definition for analogue part:

<capturecard commercialname="Hauppauge HVR-1100 Analogue" capturename="Hauppauge WinTV 88x Video Capture" devid="ven_14f1&dev_8800&subsys_94020070&rev_05">
<capabilities tv="true" radio="true" mpeg2="true" mce="false" sw="false" bda="false" />
- <tv>
<interface cat="mux" video="" audio="" mpeg2="0" />
- <filters>
<filter cat="tvtuner" name="Hauppauge WinTV 88x Tuner" checkdevice="true" />
<filter cat="tvaudio" name="Hauppauge WinTV 88x TvAudio" checkdevice="true" />
<filter cat="crossbar" name="Hauppauge WinTV 88x Crossbar" checkdevice="true" />
<filter cat="capture" name="Hauppauge WinTV 88x Video Capture" checkdevice="true" />
<filter cat="audcapture" name="Hauppauge WinTV 88x Audio Capture" checkdevice="false" />
<filter cat="mux" name="MainConcept (Hauppauge) MPEG Encoder" checkdevice="false" />
</filters>
- <connections>
<connection sourcefilter="tvtuner" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="crossbar" sinkpin="%tvtuner%" />
<connection sourcefilter="tvtuner" sourcepin="1" sinkfilter="tvaudio" sinkpin="0" />
<connection sourcefilter="tvaudio" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="crossbar" sinkpin="%audiotuner%" />
<connection sourcefilter="crossbar" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="capture" sinkpin="0" />
<connection sourcefilter="crossbar" sourcepin="1" sinkfilter="capture" sinkpin="1" />
<connection sourcefilter="capture" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="mux" sinkpin="0" />
<connection sourcefilter="capture" sourcepin="4" sinkfilter="audcapture" sinkpin="0" />
<connection sourcefilter="audcapture" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="mux" sinkpin="1" />
</connections>
</tv>
</capturecard>

Change is in bold letters. This is to get you past the "cannot build graph error" or "card not found" error.

Digital part works ok.

This is just to make it start working. There are other problems with tuning and sound but seem to be filter related (stuttering). If somebody makes the analogue part work smoothly let me know.

lorenzo76

Portal Member
July 25, 2007
Home Country
Italy Italy
Thank you Eagleongr but unfortunately that works only for 1100 cards with coneaxt chipset but it does not work with the phillips chipset (1100 cards). In fact, the line that you suggested to change to CaptureCarddefinitions.xml is already set to hauppauge.
Keep me posted if you find something about 1110 card.
Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom