Hauppauge HVR-1800 not detected (1 Viewer)

RamonS

Portal Member
October 8, 2007
Hi!
Just checked and my email was rejected due to "spam like content". Well, here is the email text, the files are attached.
I tried to follow the instructions as good as I could, but I am really not
sure which filters belong to my TV card. For novices like me filters are
something you stuff into a coffee maker.

I attached two things:
- one is a .doc file that contains the two filter (?) entries, which I
inserted into the main workspace, from which I then made a screenshot. The doc
contains two additional screenshots from all the branches in the tree in the
Insert Filter dialog. If I didn't capture the right stuff let me know and I
will send over the additional information.

- the other file is a screen shot from one of the installer screens showing
one label that wraps around. That is fine in the stable release. Just optics I
guess.

Also, I use XP 64 bit and warning comes up that Media Portal is not supported
on Server 2003. I guess it is the installer identifying the OS wrong. As far
as I can tell, Media Portal works fine on 64 bit XP.

The driver page from Hauppauge is here: http://www.hauppauge.com/pages/support/support_hvr1800.html
The problem is that the driver is included in their CD install. If needed I can provide the driver files separately.

Thank you so very much for all your help and I deeply apologize for being so
dense. Digging for filters and making graphs is just not a daily routine for me.

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    RamonS the filters in the document are somewhat lacking...

You should have these filters also...

Hauppauge WinTV 885 Tuner
    Hauppauge WinTV 885 TvAudio
    Hauppauge WinTV 885 Crossbar
    Hauppauge WinTV 885 Video Capture
    Hauppauge WinTV 885 Encoder

DMAN

RamonS

Portal Member
    October 8, 2007
    OK, now that I know what to look for I think I found everything and then some. See the attached files.
    All these nodes made me all dizzy, hehe.

RamonS

Portal Member
    October 8, 2007
    I gave SVN 16420 a try. Both cards are detected right off the bat. ATSC works as it did before, NTSC still gives me the cannot build graph error message.
    I just downloaded SVN 16420 and installed it over the previous RC3/SVN install. Should I have uninstalled everything, reinstall RC3 and then install the SVN build? I give that a try, but if that gives the same result, is there anything else I can do?

OK, I did as I planned and that didn't change anything - not that I expected that it did. I did take a look at the definitions file and found that the hvr1800 sections are duplicated. I tried it first with only the top portion, then only the bottom portion, each time I get a message that no capture cards are present. I then put both sets back in and that detects the cards, ATSC works, NTSC does not.
    Sorry, 16420 did not sort me out...well, it sorted me out of the group of NTSC watching Media Portal users. :(

RamonS

Portal Member
    October 8, 2007
    First of all, thank you so very very much for all your help! And now it all works! Really! ATSC, NTSC, Radio, all channels get tuned fine and come in and everything. This is so awesome, thank you, thank you, thank you!

OK, there are a few things, such as that somehow the whole keyboard shortcuts are now different and my remote no longer works right, because the mappings are all wrong (used to be fine in the SVN builds before), but that is something I can setup and fix myself. Also, full screen TV mode makes the app to freeze, but I guess this is not the right section of the forum to discuss this, it may also be just a settings issue, I saw something the other day. After all, this is the untested SVN build.

Regardless of that, the help and support and response and the speed of addressing this is phenomenal. I can't even get service like that at for profit companies. Dman and also Farmertom, thank you so very much for all this. I really deeply appreciate it and not just because it kept me from buying SageTV (which doesn't do radio btw).

I just can't think of anything else to write, and says a lot in a very very good sense.

Nicely done!
    :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom