Hauppauge HVR-3000 Analogue Issue after installing latest drivers (1 Viewer)

wlgspotter

Portal Pro
December 3, 2006
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
TV-Server Version: 1.0 Final (No SVN)
MediaPortal Version: 1.0 Final (No SVN)
MediaPortal Skin: Aeon Wide
Windows Version: XP SP3
CPU Type: AMD X2 4600+
HDD: Seagate 320GB + Seagate 400GB
Memory: 2GB DDR2 667MHz CL5
Motherboard: Shuttle SN27P2 System
Video Card: Palit 9400GT Silent
Video Card Driver: 9.1.3.1
Sound Card: OnBoard/ALC882
Sound Card AC3: 1x coax out, 1x optical out
Sound Card Driver: 5.10.0.5202
1. TV Card: Hauppage HVR-3000
1. TV Card Type: Hybrid (mainly use DVB-T)
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case: Shuttle SN27P2
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote: MS MCE Remote
TV: Samsung Series 6 FullHD 1080p
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

Hi:

In my current setup I have a Hauppauge HVR-3000 installed. This card was working fine, on DVB-T & Analog, using an "older" version of the drivers (from the Hauppauge CD 4.6b). I then tried tp update the drivers on the weekend, to the latest v7.1 CD from Hauppauge's website. After installing the drivers and restarting my system, MP TVE3 detected some "new" cards in my system and whilst I managed to get DVB-T working, the analog part doesn't work anymore - gives a "cannot create graph" error. When I tried to rescan the analog channels, I get an error about analog no signal - looks like MP is not even communicating with the analog part of the card. I have installed the SoftMCE encoder provided. In interesting thing is the WinTV application works so I'm pretty sure the card and driver should work. But it doesn't seem so in MP.

I have tried reverting and reinstalling the older drivers from 4.6B but it still doesn't work :(

Anyone has any ideas how to get the analog part of my HVR-3000 working again?

Thanks.

Hivanoe

Portal Member
November 21, 2006
Home Country
Italy Italy
I have the same problem with HVR-4000 and latest drivers.

With the old driver CD 4.6B, analog tv works ONLY if I install the SoftMCE package; without SoftMCE I have the same behaviour of the latest drivers (nothing found when scanning analog channels).

It seems that the last SoftMCE (mainconcept encoder) included with the latest hauppauge drivers is not recognized from MP to handle analog TV.

No problems viewing dvb-s and dvt-t channels.
I latest drivers because they work better on my system, moreover my analog tv channels are also on DVB-S for free.

However the dvb-s EPG data are not grabbed correctly (few epg data taken ... in a lot of time !!)

Bye

TheGermanChe

Portal Member
November 18, 2008
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I have a similar problem with WinTV-Nova-HD-S2 and the latest drivers from Hauppauge. But for me the DVB-s part is not working as it should. The connection to the TV-server gets broken when i change channel. It seems like MP dont recognise the card as is should.

I had to revert back to the drivers from the 4.6b CD to get it to work again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom