[Hauppauge PVR USB2] Jerky TV : finaly not solve (1 Viewer)

Helza

Portal Pro
April 29, 2004
Yep same here.. i did have some stuttering left, but after uninstalling the beta drivers and installing the MCE drivers it worked at a normal speed..

I do have a question for those guys around you who are using the usb pvr2
What drivers do you get the best results with? (picture quelity and speed)

I currently use the MCE drivers from the HP site but as soon as i use the interface of MP then the video begins to jerk. around...

Are there any registry settings needed to improvide speed/quality? I read somewhere you needed some registry changes, but can't find them anymore..

Also which codec's do you guys suggest?
I currently use the NVIDIA platinum beta codec until i find a suitiable one.. (yeah i know, i love beta's, i should stop that)

ps: My IR stopped responding in CVS 11-7.. is this because of MP or because i loaded the MCE drivers?... the HP IR won't start anymore either.. so i'm guessing its the MCE drivers.. (uninstalled/reinstalled 3 times already)

Any help is appreciated....

mPod

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
Helza said:
My IR stopped responding in CVS 11-7.. is this because of MP or because i loaded the MCE drivers?... the HP IR won't start anymore either.. so i'm guessing its the MCE drivers.. (uninstalled/reinstalled 3 times already)
Did I understand it correctly, you're using the Hauppauge remote control?

Here's a checklist for you:

1. I'm not sure if the MCE drivers come with the IR part at all, because Hauppauge sells their MCE cards without a remote. Sounds reasonable that they left out that part. Use non-MCE drivers instead.
2. Please have a look at your plugins/process folder and make sure there is no HCWPlugin.dll. If it exists there, delete it. It's no longer needed.
3. Have a look at configuration.exe. What does the status window in the Hauppauge remote section say?
4. Enable "Extended Logging" in the Hauppauge remote section of configuration.exe, start Media Portal, use it and post the MediaPortal.log here. You can find it in the log-folder.

Helza

Portal Pro
April 29, 2004
Not behind my pc currently so can't check.. however i did check some things last night after my post..

I'm using the Hauppauge IR... using the 1.0.3 version of MP upgraded with alot of CVS versions .. it worked in 1.0.3 before.. however i don't think its a mp problem as i just upgraded to the mce drivers of the hp, which states hp doesn't provide an MCE remote.. (but i do have an Hauppauge remote, lol)

1. The drivers itself didn't come with the IR setup files.. so i used the original IR (and latest version aswell) to install it.. but it won't detect the IR..
2. Well i never manually installed it.. so if it wasn't provided with 1.0.3 or cvs files i don't have them :)
3, It stated no problems found..
4. Extended logging said nothing about the HP IR.. one HCW message and 3 or 4 MAP messages was all i could find.. but nothing mentioned Hauppauge or the IR from Hauppauge..

I'm going to switch back to the latest official drivers from Hauppauge see if that helps...

Edit: changed HP to Hauppauge :p

mPod

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
Help me a bit with this. Do you mean by "HP" Hewlett-Packard or Hauppauge? (HP usually is no abbreviation for Hauppauge)

And, if it's a Hewlett-Packard remote... Is it a modified version of the Hauppauge remote or of the Microsoft MCE remote? Please try not to mix up things, it's really confusing, as I still have no idea what remote you are using at all...

Helza

Portal Pro
April 29, 2004
:p

Well as i have an hauppauge PVR2 USB i'm talking about the Hauppauge IR :)
However your right.. i should write it out fully... so updated my post..

I just keep struggling over the word Hauppauge.. so i abbreviate it as HP..

mPod

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
Okay, thanks.

So please do the following: Use an official driver from Hauppauge (not the MCE one, see my note above about the remote part of such drivers), enable extended logging in configuration.exe, use the remote in MP and post your log here. There is no problem known at the moment, so it's most likely a configuration problem, maybe caused by your drivers. The log might tell me a bit more.

Boris

Portal Pro
June 5, 2005
France
For driver see previous message :
http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=46477#46477

My actual version is official non MCE from Hauppauge : 2.2.58.22194
I have not test different version for quality/speed.
No registry hack for me.

In MP, quality tab, in place of 768/4000, I put 1500/4000.

Generaly, when it is working, and actually it is working :) , problem came from ffdshow/mpeg decoder.
I have success in not using ffdshow and using windvd6 mpeg decoder.

For my configuration, ffdshow need too much cpu for the "better graphic" it give.
I have problem of synch with nvidia decoder.

For the remote, I can't tell, I'm now using the Microsoft one.

mPod

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
Sorry, Boris, my fault. It was for Helza. That's why it's always good to start seperate posts for seperate problems... :roll:

Boris

Portal Pro
June 5, 2005
France
mPod said:
Sorry, Boris, my fault. It was for Helza. That's why it's always good to start seperate posts for seperate problems... :roll:
No problem !
And if it can help someone, then it's a good thing :)

Helza

Portal Pro
April 29, 2004
Thanks, i just though i abuse this topic as i knew hauppauge users were watching it :p so i knew i had an direct audience..
Sorry about that..

I'll try with the official 2.2.58.22194 and see if it helps..
I was tryed the MCE drivers because i couldn't get MCE to work .. (still can't)..

MCE is a sucky program :)
MP is better, but the interface slows down everything to much while watching/recording tv ;(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom