have to let go on mediaportal (1 Viewer)

ramon

Portal Member
January 20, 2006
Hi , i realy like mediaportal but..

It doesn`t matter witch movieplayer i get to play movies (nvidia`s nstant media, mediaplayer 9/10 zoomplayer ffdshow codecs on and off) the movie`s lookin better then in mediaportal.

I tried different codec (nvidia mpeg / cyberlink / dscaler) and also diffent settings but the video thats showing shows al lot of lines shutters when the movie is moving fast.

I use:
WinXP Pro SP2
6600 gt
intel 3,2 gigh
1,5 gig int mem
benq dv3750 lcdtv @ 1280x720i
mediaportal 2.0 with different cvs versions.

So can someone please give me some hints where to look for.

ramon

Portal Member
January 20, 2006
aasmund Nordal said:
Why not use zoomplayer as an external player and browse files and other tings with MP?

I would like that but i also like the player of MP, and the way it keeps tracks of where youve stopt the movie.

Also like the fullscreen/non fullscreen you can not get that with other player.
and why is it that that wmplayer is showing the movie OK but mediaportal isn`t, eatleast not as nice as wmplayer? mediaportal uses wmplayer.

NorthernJohn

Portal Pro
January 31, 2006
Hopefully on my bike.
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
ramon said:
Hi , i realy like mediaportal but..

It doesn`t matter witch movieplayer i get to play movies (nvidia`s nstant media, mediaplayer 9/10 zoomplayer ffdshow codecs on and off) the movie`s lookin better then in mediaportal.

I tried different codec (nvidia mpeg / cyberlink / dscaler) and also diffent settings but the video thats showing shows al lot of lines shutters when the movie is moving fast.

I use:
WinXP Pro SP2
6600 gt
intel 3,2 gigh
1,5 gig int mem
benq dv3750 lcdtv @ 1280x720i
mediaportal 2.0 with different cvs versions.

So can someone please give me some hints where to look for.
I'm suffering the same problem. Tried alsorts without joy.

I don't want to move over to the darkside of Windows MCE but might have to. At the moment, MP uses PowerDVD as an external player for DVDs. It's the only way I can get clear playback. The film plays fine, however, I have to use the keyboard or vnc to close PowerDVD.

Quite annoying for me. Very annoying for my wife who is now starting to change her mind that the htpc was a good purchase. During the daytime she needs to be able to switch between the kids' DVD and her music/radio/tv easilly. That means not getting the keyboard out or vnc.

Shame really. I'm sure there's a reason but I can't find it. :(

ramon

Portal Member
January 20, 2006
I looked at the dvd and i have a bit of a prolbem but i find it not much that i have to take a differnt player.

on the other hand with Ahum ... "backuped" movies the problem is so big that i now use wmplayer (windows mediaplayer) as a external player.

My guess that it has something to do with directx and there is no framedrop but smooth overlay or someting. but for me its not smooth anymore it sucks.

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    Just a suggustion (and you may have already tried it) that might work or may not.

Nvidia purevideo decoder, turn on de-interlacing in configuration.exe (also may have to fiddle in the actual codec de-interlacing)
    Turn DX-Exclusive mode on
    In Nvidia drivers force Vsync to always (on).

wewe

Portal Pro
    August 3, 2005
    Herxheim
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    have you guys tried version 0.1.3 of MP? 0.2RCxCVSy is under heavy development and the results may differ from day to day ...

thank+regards
    WeWe

ramon

Portal Member
    January 20, 2006
    Callifo said:
    Just a suggustion (and you may have already tried it) that might work or may not.

Nvidia purevideo decoder, turn on de-interlacing in configuration.exe (also may have to fiddle in the actual codec de-interlacing)
    Turn DX-Exclusive mode on
    In Nvidia drivers force Vsync to always (on).

where can i find these settings ??? DX exlusive mode and de-interlacing ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom