HD Homerun running DVB-C detects as DVB-T in TV server? (1 Viewer)

OleBent

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2005
    Yup!

Just like I said.

Cant thank you enough for your work on this issue.

Did the test on Win7 x64 rig today.

Just like on the x86 system everything went quite well. As intended the HD HR tuners showed up within TVsetup as DVB-C. Channel tuning was possible for the tuners.
    MP client had no problems showing the channels. In fact I had all 5 tuners running at once to try to put a little more stress on the system.
    Had no problems while testing so my hope is that this was what was neede to get i going.

Logs from WIn7 x64 rig attached here..

Please let me know if there is any more testing I should/could do, more logs or anything.....

Super huge thank you for your effort.

OleBent

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2005
    Hi morpheus_xx

Just wanted to stop by this thread to memtion that I have done some quick tests of svn 24553 on both WIn 7 x86 & x64.

Seems to be working as supposed.

Thanks again.

whurlston

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2007
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I believe this fix broke HDHomeRun QAM for North American users. They also have the tuners set to "Digital Cable" and so their HDHomeRuns are being detected as DVB-C instead of ATSC tuners as reported at https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ision-24669-rar-75857/index10.html#post558287

I believe the fix would be to remove the isCablePreferred check when comparing the network provider type to the ATSCProvider. If I am correct, line 296 of TVCardCollection.cs (SVN 24649) should be:
    Code:
    else if (pguidNetworkTypes[n] == typeof (ATSCNetworkProvider).GUID)

instead of:

Code:
    else if (pguidNetworkTypes[n] == (typeof (ATSCNetworkProvider).GUID) && !isCablePreferred)

The European model should still return as DVB-C and the North American model should return as ATSC with this change.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: HD Homerun running DVB-C detects as DVB-T in TV server?

Hi whurlston,

sorry if this caused issues for you. I have attached a fixed build that includes your suggestion.

Please test it and report back to get this into today's SVN :)

OleBent: please test also, not that it breaks your setup ;)

Morpheus

whurlston

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2007
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Sorry I didn't respond sooner but I had to install MP. (I am not actually an MP user but the issue was posted on the Silicondust forums and I figured I'd look into it.)

That patch does indeed fix the issue for QAM users. The tuner is now successfully recognised as ATSC. Thanks for the quick response and I'll post a link to the patch on the SD forums.

OleBent

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2005
    @ morpheus_xx

Did some testing with the new alternative dll for ATSC detection.

As usual tested on Windows 7 x86 & x64 running MP 1.1 beta and SVN 24923.

Seems to be working very well and unaffected by the work for ATSC.....

Thank you so much again for your work on this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom