HDHomeRun Prime Tuner Locked (1 Viewer)

subtwo

Portal Member
May 29, 2012
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Ok, Steps I took: Stopped the TV Service, deleted the existing filter files and log files, put the new filter files in place, started tv service, started timeshifting, waited about 25 seconds then got a pop-up error message "No PMT Found". The timeshift didn't work, but it didn't lock things up either. Between when I clicked the timeshift button and when I got the error I did notice that the tuner light did turn on, then it turned off around we I got the error message. So it did lock the tuner and then release it. I've attached the logs, the one dump file created and a snapshot of the error I got.

Attachments

• TunerLocked_Try4.zip
    4.4 MB

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    Ok, Steps I took: Stopped the TV Service, deleted the existing filter files and log files, put the new filter files in place, started tv service, started timeshifting, waited about 25 seconds then got a pop-up error message "No PMT Found". The timeshift didn't work, but it didn't lock things up either. Between when I clicked the timeshift button and when I got the error I did notice that the tuner light did turn on, then it turned off around we I got the error message. So it did lock the tuner and then release it. I've attached the logs, the one dump file created and a snapshot of the error I got.
    Try attached V03 version. If it not works, try V04.

Attachments

• Filter_V03.zip
      5.5 MB
    • Filter_V04.zip
      5.5 MB

subtwo

Portal Member
    May 29, 2012
    Home Country
    Ok, I tried both versions and they both seemed to work about the same. I can now timeshift and record in the tv server config window and the tuners lock/unlock just fine. Since this appeared to work fine I went into mediaportal to try watching tv and recording from there. It seems to record just fine and it displays the tv channel with no problem. The only thing I noticed was that when I changed channels it would take 25-30 seconds to switch and it would switch which tuner it was using between channel changes. I also noticed that the logs would grow very fast. I'm guessing that is due to debug logic you have for these special version though. I've attached the logs for both versions.

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    Ok, I tried both versions and they both seemed to work about the same. I can now timeshift and record in the tv server config window and the tuners lock/unlock just fine. Since this appeared to work fine I went into mediaportal to try watching tv and recording from there. It seems to record just fine and it displays the tv channel with no problem. The only thing I noticed was that when I changed channels it would take 25-30 seconds to switch and it would switch which tuner it was using between channel changes. I also noticed that the logs would grow very fast. I'm guessing that is due to debug logic you have for these special version though. I've attached the logs for both versions.
    The logs are growing because of closed connection by remote RTSP server. Unfortunately, only thing what I can do, is to rewrite whole communication part, but it can't be done in few days :( If I correctly remember, changing channel long time is caused by TV service, which thinks that channel is not changed. I think that @mm1352000 can explain it in more detail.

subtwo

Portal Member
    May 29, 2012
    Home Country
    Just checking back on this to see if there is anything further to help with my situation. I contacted Silicondust hoping there was something they could do from their end and have posted below their analysis of my situation. It looks like there is a known bug with Mediaportal/HDHomeRun devices. Is this bug actually logged? I couldn't find it in the Jira TVE35 log. Is there anything I can do to help get the bug fixed? I'd be willing to work with a developer to test any new HDHomeRun code. I'm also a C# programmer so I could possible get involved in development as well.

Silicondust Analysis:
    There is a bug in their program in that it follows an incorrect process to release the tuner, and that has to be fixed on their end to resolve the issue. A basic explanation of what is happening: the control process for the tuner requires the equivalent of making a phone call to the tuner. MP calls up a number, the HDHomeRun answers, exchange hellos, then proceed with whatever needs doing, say goodbye, then hang up. All the actual video streaming takes place over a separate path, so the control connection gets closed out because it's just sitting there not doing anything. If something needs to change later, a new connection/call is made. What you're seeing with the 5-10 second thing is the connection sitting idle for a bit (during which time things can be exchanged over it), but then closing out. After that period when you try to stop the stream, instead of establishing a new connection, it tries to reuse the old one. It's like trying to talk to someone you already hung up with by yelling at the phone sitting on your desk, it's not going to accomplish anything because there's no connection and the other end isn't listening.

kistoff

March 3, 2009
    Home Country
    Is there any update on this? I am currently having the "HDHomeRun Prime Tuner Locked" issue.

Ryan Faricy

July 31, 2015
    Home Country
    I'd like an update as well, as I'm experiencing the same issues with my HDHR Prime, using MP2 Summer '15.

I'm looking at MP for a WMC alternative when Windows 10 arrives as it seems the most similar to me in feel. But this doesn't bode well for it.

Code:
    [2015-07-31 12:48:54,638] [215662595] [176      ] [INFO ] - DRI CC: build graph
    [2015-07-31 12:48:54,638] [215662595] [176      ] [INFO ] - DRI CC: add source filter
    [2015-07-31 12:48:54,638] [215662595] [176      ] [INFO ] - tvcard:FreeAllSubChannels
    [2015-07-31 12:48:54,773] [215662730] [176      ] [INFO ] - DRI CC: remove source filter
    [2015-07-31 12:48:54,789] [215662745] [176      ] [INFO ] - Info.: UPnPServerController: GENA disabled for IP endpoint '192.168.0.99'
    [2015-07-31 12:48:54,789] [215662745] [176      ] [ERROR] -
    TvLibrary.TvExceptionGraphBuildingFailed: DRI CC: failed to find source filter output pin
       at TvLibrary.Implementations.Dri.TunerDri.AddStreamSourceFilter()
       at TvLibrary.Implementations.Dri.TunerDri.BuildGraph()
       at TvLibrary.Implementations.Dri.TunerDri.BeforeTune(IChannel channel)
       at TvLibrary.Implementations.Dri.TunerDri.Scan(Int32 subChannelId, IChannel channel)
       at TvService.CardTuner.Scan(IUser& user, IChannel channel, Int32 idChannel)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello and welcome Ryan :)

I'd like an update as well, as I'm experiencing the same issues with my HDHR Prime, using MP2 Summer '15.
    The log excerpt you posted shows something completely different. In other words: you are not experiencing the same issue.

The problem you're seeing is related to MP2. Quite frankly, I flat out wouldn't recommend MP2 for use with a CableCARD tuner.
    Newer is not always better.
    MP2 is still a work in progress.
    MP1 is the mature release; nothing wrong with it.

My advice: try MP1 and see how you go.

Ryan Faricy

July 31, 2015
    Home Country
    Hello and welcome Ryan :)

The log excerpt you posted shows something completely different. In other words: you are not experiencing the same issue.

The problem you're seeing is related to MP2. Quite frankly, I flat out wouldn't recommend MP2 for use with a CableCARD tuner.
    Newer is not always better.
    MP2 is still a work in progress.
    MP1 is the mature release; nothing wrong with it.

My advice: try MP1 and see how you go.

Thanks - I removed MP2 and installed MP1. I was able to scan for channels where I hadn't been able to in MP2.

Marcevan

July 30, 2015
    Home Country
    I also went the way of trying MP2 and got locked tuners across the board with SiliconDust.

So tried MP1 (v 1.12) and tuners would get the channels.

Did an annual membership on SchedulesDirect to setup what should be downloaded and used the mc2xml program with SchedulesDirect login to produce a TVGuide.xml file.

If you ever had MyChannelLogos for Win7, those Icons come in very handty for dressing up the guide, btw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom