HDMI Handshake problem in Menu (1 Viewer)

msj33

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2005
    Home Country
    England England
    TV-Server Version: 1.0.1
    MediaPortal Version: 1.0.1
    MediaPortal Skin: Blue3Wide
    Windows Version: Windows XP SP3
    CPU Type: AMD X3 +5200, 2.7 Ghz
    HDD: WD 1TB
    Memory: 2 Gb Kingston
    Motherboard: Asrock AliveNF6G-GLAN
    Video Card: ASUS AEH4350 SILENT
    Video Card Driver: ATI Catalyst 9.4
    Sound Card: ATI HD Audio throughHDMI
    Sound Card AC3: HDMI
    Sound Card Driver: latest
    1. TV Card: Hauppauge 500MCE
    1. TV Card Type: Analog
    1. TV Card Driver: latest
    2. TV Card:
    2. TV Card Type:
    2. TV Card Driver:
    3. TV Card:
    3. TV Card Type:
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec: Cyberlink PDVD9
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: MPC - MPA Decoder filter
    h.264 Video Codec: MPC - Video Decoder
    Satelite/CableTV Provider:
    HTPC Case: Silverstonetek LC11M
    Cooling: NorthQ
    Power Supply: 300 watt
    Remote: IMON Harmony
    TV: Panasonic 4" PX70
    TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

I have just installed new ASUS ATI PCI-Express EAH4350 Graphics card with HDMI interface.

So i run both audio and Video through HDMI from my Grahipcs adapter to my Onkyo 606 Receiver.

When i now browse in the Mediaportal Menu(With up & down buttons), I get a HDCP handshaking every time i choose a new menu item.

I have located the problem to be something with the sound, because, if I Deactivate Skin Sound Effect in Configuration, I do not have the problem.

If I scroll though the menu with the mouse, I do NOT get the problem. But I do not get any sound effects(maybe this is correct behavehour?)

The HDMI video is working flawlessly :0)

I'm running latest ATI drivers, and checked both MP configuration, ATI Audio Drivers & Onkyo Receiver settings.

The computer is freshly installed yesterday - but I should mention that I have latest SAF 3.47 installed. But menu sound worked with SPDIF out from Soundcard.

Have searched a lot on google and forums to check if anyone else has experienced this, but without any luck so far.

/Morten

msj33

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2005
    Home Country
    England England
    UPDATE:

I looked a bit into it - And found out that this is maybe not a Mediaportal bug!?!

If i play the .wav's from Mediaportal menu in Windows Media Player, my Receiver/ASUS Graphics card handshakes every time I play a new file.

This is also the case, if i open a mp3 file in WMA.

But if i enqueue several mp3 files, I do not get a handshake every time a new song is played.

But this is NOT the case for the Small Wav's from Mediaportal - even if I Enqueue them in WMA, I will get a HDCP handshake every time, it tries to play a file.

I have just checked with BASS player - And that runs fine - Handshake the first file you play, but afterwards the fading to new songs, goes without handshaking problems.

I'm not the Expert to define if this is a codec/Driver or Mediaportal issue? Do not know if it has something with the file format of the wav's or their small sizes, that generate the HDCP handshake, or if I should look elsewhere

I could of course just remove Sound Effects - But would rather have a workaround/Fix

Anyone out there to help:)?

If this is defined/concluded not to be a Mediaportal Error - Would you please move it to the support Forum. Thanks.

/Morten

msj33

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2005
    Home Country
    England England
    Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks

/Morten

Sh4nn0w

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 14, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    No idea if this will help, but I had quite a few issues with the ATI HDMI Audio Drivers, I've just been using the ones straight off the Realtek website instead.

msj33

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2005
    Home Country
    England England
    I have tried those drivers, but without any luck.

As I can understand, it must be a driver issue or what? (Did you experience excactly same symptoms?)

Do you have a specific link for those drivers you use?

Tried latest 2.xx, and device manager keeps complaining about a missing file hdmixxx.inf/sys (or something), although I keep referring it to look in the Realtek directory!

/Morten

petrovice

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 8, 2009
    Bamberg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Morten,
    it is very important to install the realtek drivers in the right order.

First uninstall all installed realtek drivers and run a cleanup tool like "driver cleaner". Then install the "normal" realtek drivers first --> dontknow.me/at - Dereferrer Service (This is the actual version R2.22)
    Make a reboot and then install the ATI HDMI Audio Device Drivers from realtek --> dontknow.me/at - Dereferrer Service
    After another reboot everything should work :)

Regards,
    Peter

Manuelito

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    I had the same problems for months with a ATI3450 thought it was a problem of my installation as strangely with the catalyst 8.7 drivers worked for me without HDMI problems (and thinking it was a problem because of the graphics card did not reach the fps).

Now I am happy (I hope you will forgive the joke, msj33) to see that someone has the same problems.

Try the solution proposed by petrovice. Thanks for helping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom