HDMI integrated motherboard (1 Viewer)

burton666

Portal Member
March 21, 2006
I am about to start my second HTPC project, and was almost complete with chosing witch parts to use. The original conf. where a Conroe processor (E6300 or E6400), A Nvidia 7300 GS and a m-ATX motherboard built in a small "Hiper" -case.

But then I stumbled upon this one: http://www.abit.com.tw/page/uk/moth...?pMODEL_NAME=iL-90MV&fMTYPE=Mobile+Socket+478

A motherboard with onboard graphics and HDMI, sure it costs like three times the original mobo I was planning to use. But does anyone know If the integrated "Intel VIIV" is anything that can compare to a dedicated graphiccard for video processing?

Also should I wait a little bit and buy the upcoming Core2duo -merom or should I get one of the existing CoreDuo's T2x00 if I chose this mobo?

Bugger

Portal Member
August 24, 2006
Melbourne
Yeah, I read about this board too. Looks good, but I am unsure about the onboard HDMI vs a dedicated card. Think if it was just for watching SD & HD live or recorded TV should do the job just as good. Although the mobile CPU's seem to be a little hard to get and on the pricey side.

You could also wait till the Asus P5B-V DH come out.
http://www.asus.com.au/news_show.aspx?id=3949

Although, I think the best chipset would be G965.

ziphnor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2005
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    But does anyone know If the integrated "Intel VIIV" is anything that can compare to a dedicated graphiccard for video processing?

Im a bit unsure about those integrated GPU's, if you look to nvidias purevideo you will notice that the 7600GT is the smallest card that support all of the High Definition features:

http://www.nvidia.com/page/purevideo_support.html

You will also see that the 6150 GPU cant do "Spatial-Temporal De-Interlacing", "Inverse Telecine" and "Bad Edit Correction" on High Definition material. And frankly, if the 6150 cant, then none on Intels GPU's can :)

Besides, VIIV isnt a graphics cards, its a strange marketing term with no real meaning:
    Wikipedia:VIIV

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    I'd be choosing an AMD/ NForce 6150 solution. I understand that will be a lot cheaper and be a very tried and tested combination.

The Asus AM2 looks good and also comes with DVI/VGA and componant out.

fathead

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2005
    Surely the purpose of a HDMi socket would be to carry both video & audio from the board to your TV? Otherwise why not just get a normal 6150 board & use the VGA or DVI?

burton666

Portal Member
    March 21, 2006
    Does anyone know if there are any new HDMI integrated m-ATX motherboards comming soon?

Darkstar

October 19, 2006
    Zug
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    About the X3000 performance (current driver 14.25):
    Also The Inquirer has reported on the GMAX3000's current poor performance, but that's because the new drivers aren't ready yet. Right now they are using 14.21, but hardware PS3.0 and T&L isn't added until 14.24, and hardware VS2.0 isn't added until 14.26. Hopefully Intel actually spends time on these drivers since that's usually their weak point and the GMAX3000 certainly has a lot of potential. If it ships in August it'll be the first DX10 chip beating the G80 and the first PC chip with unified shaders beating the R600.

[OFFTOPIC]
    This is my first contribution -> Hello to everybody :)

I recieved yesterday the hardware for my new HTPC (HFX mini, E6600) and I finally decided to install MP because I think it's the best for my needs. I will write about my experiences later...
    [/OFFTOPIC]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom