ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

I've since ever a problem with MP2 in aperative usage. Currently I have WMC on my HTPC installer and it's working pretty well.
    If I start and stop playing movies there is no change in refresh rate and he HMDI connection is stable, means I have continiously video and audio.

With MP2 this is not always the case. When starting to play a video everything is working, I've just a small flicker. But once stopping the video my TV is black, sometimes the picture comes back after a moment and sometimes it remains black. The only way to get the picture back it restarting the receiver at least one time. You can guess it's really annoying and shouldn't be.

My guess is, that it is due to changing the refresh rate, because the resolution is fixed. I've googled a lot and there is not really something helpful.

Here some information about my configuration:
    • HTPC with Ati HMDI Out (Latest driver installed)
    • Marantz SR7009 receiver
    • TV: Phillips 65PUS7601-12
    (HTPC) ------HMDI------> (Receiver) -------HMDI--------> (TV)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Have you tried to disable refresh rate changer? Just to test if this issue is caused by the change of the refresh rate.

I'ts a well known issue that lots of HDMI hardware (regardless of the prize) is very poor and faulty. Luckily my cheap (>200€) Pionner AVR is really good in this so I don't have any HDMI issues at all.

aspik

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 14, 2008
    Get this and plug it between HTPC and AVR. Normally its for people with wake up from sleep issues, but I suppose it should also fix your problem.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    • Admin
    Have you tried to disable refresh rate changer? Just to test if this issue is caused by the change of the refresh rate.
    Yes, I've tried that. I also set the HTPC refresh rate to 24 fps once, so no switch when playing videos is necessary. Both is resulting in same problem.
    As WMC has no problems, it's not a pure hardware issue. Something is different in MP2 ... but I couldn't nail it yet.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    • Admin
    Get this and plug it between HTPC and AVR. Normally its for people with wake up from sleep issues, but I suppose it should also fix your problem.
    Is there also a cheaper version with maybe less features? :) I'm willing to pay money to solve the problem, but 83 € seems a lot :giggle:
    To understand the underlying problem, the receiver thinks to switch something and the connection is lost? The adapter emulates an EDID, so the receiver keeps continously connected, is this correct?

aspik

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 14, 2008
    Is there also a cheaper version with maybe less features? :) I'm willing to pay money to solve the problem, but 83 € seems a lot :giggle:
    It was cheaper, I got mine few years ago for around 50€. AFAIK this is the cheapest version, there is also a "premium" version :D
    To understand the underlying problem, the receiver thinks to switch something and the connection is lost? The adapter emulates an EDID, so the receiver keeps continously connected, is this correct?
    Yes.

aspik

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 14, 2008
    How about this one? Am I lucky or is this something different?
    it looks like you're lucky :) By the time, there were only those two available the "premium" and the "cheapest" version.
    I think it should also do the job. If not, for that price you can't go wrong, besides you can always return it ;)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    • Admin
    it looks like you're lucky :) By the time, there were only those two available the "premium" and the "cheapest" version.
    I think it should also do the job. If not, for that price you can't go wrong, besides you can always return it ;)
    Good :) Just ordered it and a visitor will bring it to me in 3 weeks. Giving back is a problem, because I live abroad. But I'm optimistic, that the problem can be solved. I'm just wondering, what WMC does different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom