HDPLEX IR Remote Problems (1 Viewer)

adspence

Portal Member
July 10, 2011
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Does anyone have the HDPLEX IR working properly?

It says it is an MCE Remote (RC6) but all I get, when choosing MCE-Remote in the MePo config, is the arrow buttons, OK and Vol up/down.

If I choose HID (as it appears as Microsoft eHome Infrared Receiver with hidir.sys driver in devices) then I get a few more buttons like 0-9, ch+/- (though they don't work as channel up/down but some sort of group channel change), Windows Green button does something too...but no play, pause, stop or any of the media buttons.

I am using Win7 64-bit and MePo 1.3.0.0, if that makes a difference. The logs are attached. One when I have the remote as HID, and the other as MCE-Remote. I have to get the music playback started with OK, not Play on HID, but once started I can go to the next and previous as can be seen with the "HID:" entries. The MCE remote does nothing. (other than navigate and OK) I have to stop it with the top menu stop option in both cases.

The screenshots are of ShowKey a tool that shows what IR button has been pressed. So the commands are getting through...but just not interpreted by MePo

Attachments

• ShowKeys-Play.JPG
    ShowKeys-Play.JPG
    22 KB
  • ShowKeys-Stop.JPG
    ShowKeys-Stop.JPG
    24.3 KB
  • MediaPortal - HID.zip
    6.3 KB
  • MediaPortal-MCERemote.zip
    5.9 KB
Last edited:

bribbon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2008
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    hi,
    i have now the same remote control from HD-Plex with the same issues. Do you have found the problem? How do you set up your remote?

I'm trying now several houers and can't get this working.

adspence

Portal Member
    July 10, 2011
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Basically I gave up trying to get this to work and am currently using an external USB dongle that "just works" without any mucking about (I had to disconnect the USB header and also the Blackgold TV card that sets up IR devices as well). I hope it doesn't break as I've no idea where I'd find another one that works the same way. In theory the Keyboard plugin should work and others have that working - see here

bribbon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2008
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Thank you for the respond.
    Yesterday I've tried IRSS (as MCE); Generic Keyboard/Remote (as MCE and after as the Yacoo Remote). It's hard to get any solution working. Sometimes the half number of buttons works and sometime not. Up/Down arrow will work with every solution, but the rest (Back, Volume, etc) doesn't work.

I tried this morning to search a solution but there's not many stuff to find. The most part is to read in HD-Plex Forum. And then I checked that you o so post their :)

@ajs
    Can you join our discussion as I see you started several Threads about this Company. How do you get your remotes working?

I did once manage to get it mostly working using the Keyboard plugin, but that isn't supported anymore as far as I'm aware.
    I use Generic Keyboard/Remote Input Plugin
    I'm founding a version which works with V1.7.1 and can mapp all buttons. But I'm noticed that the Up/Down arrow is setting as Mouse Pointer!! OMG.

Really heavy to get this work and I thought the iMon remote from Soundgraph is crap :eek:

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    I'm founding a version which works with V1.7.1 and can mapp all buttons. But I'm noticed that the Up/Down arrow is setting as Mouse Pointer!! OMG.
    If I remember correctly, I did not set up, they both worked as keypad buttons, and work. If necessary I can throw its configuration file.

bribbon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2008
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Oh yes please :)

there are several versions of this plugin. which one are you using? I'd taked: "187686_187625_KeyboardInputPlugin-SEB.mpe1"

Last edited:

bribbon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2008
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    You can find your configuration here:
    "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\InputDeviceMappings\Keyboard.xml"

If you upload this file here, I can test it with yours. Btw, I changed the Plugin version to yours..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom