HDPVR2 Dish Network MediaPortal and Me (1 Viewer)

mrmojo666

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2006
    Turin
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I can only repeat:
    We are not intentionally changing these settings.

You told me that the settings here don't make any difference:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...n/02_TV_Servers/5_Scan_Analog#Quality_Control

There are no other TV Server settings which could possibly cause this.

and not just bitrate, seems that tvservice.exe alters also key for bitratemode to 1 intead of 0 ...
    The bitrate is just one of the encoder settings. TV Server can set the bit rate, bit rate mode and peak bit rate for certain encoders.

thank you for the help ans sorry for my stupidity :)

at the start seems those settings are not working, but at the end after some trying. I understood how they works and how to setup, notwi can get control over recording and timeshifting bitrates and more ;)

swifty

Portal Pro
    January 6, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    @mrmojo666 - Care to share your tips?
    I have a HD-PVR2 aswell, and find it sometimes looks quite blocky, so I'd be interested to hear what you think the best settings to use are, and how it should be configured.

@mm1352000 - Strange question, but could you point me to where in the TV server code I might be able to 'sleep' the start of recording for the HD-PVR2 device?
    Basically, I'm using XBMC as my frontend, and there seems to be a bug with FFMPEG that causes the audio stream to not be detected when my STB switches channel (the HD-PVR starts recording, and catches the 'black' screen as the STB is switching) this mainly happens when the STB switches from SD > HD (or the other way).
    If I stop the channel in XBMC, and then tune the same one again it works fine (with audio) since the STB hasn't needed to change channel.

I've raised the bug with XBMC, but I feel it could take a long time to fix, so thought I could add a sleep delay before starting the recording on the HD-PVR or a second or two, to allow the STB to fully turn over before starting the recording..

Thanks!

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

swifty

Portal Pro
    January 6, 2006
    Home Country
    For recordings only?
    If so you'll need to look at the TV service (which I'm less familiar with).
    Otherwise somewhere like here would be a good place:
    https://github.com/MediaPortal/Medi...ions/Analog/Graphs/HDPVR/HDPVRChannel.cs#L151

Well possibly my bad choice of wording using 'recording' :) but I basically want to delay the writing any data from the HD-PVR to the .ts file to allow the STB time to switch over (ie. even when watching live TV).
    I assume you pointed me to L151, as I the writing of the file starts once PMT is found ? So if I put a sleep into the start of PMT detection, it would probably give the intended result?

Many Thanks

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    basically want to delay the writing any data from the HD-PVR to the .ts file to allow the STB time to switch over (ie. even when watching live TV).
    Okay, then my answer is...

So if I put a sleep into the start of PMT detection, it would probably give the intended result?
    ...should do, yes. :)

I note that the TV Server "tuning" and the plugin blasting process (ie. the actual STB tuning) happen in completely different locations. The core TV Server code has no idea when blasting starts or finishes. So, when you insert your delay at the place indicated, it probably needs to be long enough to handle the worst case scenario. All tune requests will be delayed by whatever time you specify.

mrmojo666

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2006
    Turin
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    @mrmojo666 - Care to share your tips?
    I have a HD-PVR2 aswell, and find it sometimes looks quite blocky, so I'd be interested to hear what you think the best settings to use are, and how it should be configured.

sure!

at server i put the settings you find at the screenshot below

pvr-hd settings.PNG

also i've added some keys to the registry

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\hcwE5bda\Parameters\TvServer.exe]
    "AudioEncDataRate"=dword:0000000a
    "H264VideoProfile"=dword:00000004
    "H264Level"=dword:000001a4
    "DNRMode"=dword:00000000

that means audio passthrough, h246 profile high , lever 4.2 and dynamic noise reduction OFF

so the hd channels are almost the same as source.

@all , is someone going to port this patch for MP 1.7 ? i really hope so :)

bye

Last edited:

swifty

Portal Pro
    January 6, 2006
    Home Country
    @mrmojo666
    Thanks for the tips, I will try these out on my install and see if it improves the picture :)
    I will port the patch to 1.7 and post the new DLL over this weekend when I get time.

@mm1352000
    The Pmt sleep seems to have fix the issue I saw. Thanks for the tip on where to place it.

mrmojo666

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2006
    Turin
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    @mrmojo666
    Thanks for the tips, I will try these out on my install and see if it improves the picture :)
    I will port the patch to 1.7 and post the new DLL over this weekend when I get time.

thank you it would be soooo nice ;)

swifty

Portal Pro
    January 6, 2006
    Home Country
    @mrmojo666 - I have attached DLL's for 1.7.0, they are untested as I haven't upgraded my install to 1.7.0 yet, but if you'd like to give them a try..

Let me know how it goes.

Attachments

• MePo_1.7.0_HDPVR2.zip
      245.1 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom