HDPVR2 Dish Network MediaPortal and Me (3 Viewers)

joeb1990

August 21, 2013
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Ever since my family upgraded to HD dish I've been trying to get our media PC to record the playback. I am currently just completely stuck and in over my head looking for help. I've downloaded Media Portal and tried going through the setup but hit my first snag when trying to scan for channels. The United States is not in the country list. When I open the program I get no free card available. With this I don't know where to start.

I have all drivers and windows up to date. I have the Dish going out to the HDPVR2 with HDMI. The computer going to the Television via HDMI and have the computer and HDPVR2 hooked up via USB 2.0

Any help or guides for this combination would be appreciated because I can honestly not figure you how to get this setup after a lot of searching and various programs. Thanks for the help. Let me know what you need from me.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello and welcome :)

So first question: are you really dealing with an HD-PVR 2? My understanding is that the new HD-PVR (ie. the one released early this year) is not yet supported in MediaPortal. I could be wrong, and even if I am not wrong it hopefully shouldn't be hard to add support... so I'd love to work with you to get it working.

Let me know what you need from me.
    Two things:
    1. Please grab a screenshot of -->this<-- section of TV Server configuration. In other words, I want to see your tuner list.
    2. I need to see some technical detail about the HD-PVR 2. This is a bit more complex but here are the instructions:
    • 1. Download and run GraphSudio from here:
      http://blog.monogram.sk/janos/2009/06/14/monogram-graphstudio-0320/
      You want the 32 bit one.
      No install required - just run it.
    • In the top menu click "graph", then select "insert filter...".
    • You'll see two fields at the top of the new window. In the first, select "WDM Streaming Crossbar Devices", and in the second select "All Filters".
    • Please repeat for each device in the list: select, then click "insert".
    • Hit escape or click the X in the top right corner to close the insert window.
    • In the top menu click "graph", then select "make screenshot".
    Please post/attach both screenshots here and we'll go from there. :)

mm

joeb1990

August 21, 2013
    Home Country
    I'm confident based on pictures that I am using an HD PVR 2 (Gaming Edition) Here are the two pictures. Not sure if the graph is right :/ let me know and Ill do it again

Attachments

• Graph.png
      Graph.png
      6.4 KB
    • Screen1.png
      Screen1.png
      1 MB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I'm confident based on pictures that I am using an HD PVR 2 (Gaming Edition) Here are the two pictures. Not sure if the graph is right :/ let me know and Ill do it again
    The pictures are perfect - thanks! (y)
    At this point I can indeed confirm that MP currently doesn't support the HD-PVR 2... but if you can give me a few hours to get home (I'm at work at the moment) I'll provide a patch that will add support. Then we can move forward from there... :)

joeb1990

August 21, 2013
    Home Country
    I thought I saw on your wiki that this fell under your supported but I guess I just saw the HD PVR. Either way its late where I am so take your time. I'll touch base tomorrow. Thanks a lot for your help!

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I thought I saw on your wiki that this fell under your supported but I guess I just saw the HD PVR. Either way its late where I am so take your time. I'll touch base tomorrow. Thanks a lot for your help!
    Yeah, we support the HD-PVR v1 and the Colossus... but I'm hoping the HD-PVR 2 is similar enough that it will "just work" once I make a few small changes. :)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Right, here is the promised patch. :)
    To use it:
    1. Install MP 1.5 pre release.
    2. Open TV Server configuration.
    3. Go to the "manual control" section and click "stop service".
    4. Close TV Server configuration.
    5. Take a backup of the TVLibrary.dll and TvLibrary.Interfaces.dll in your TV Server install folder (typically c:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server).
    6. Download and extract the attached DLLs into your TV Server install folder.
    7. Open TV Server configuration (click "yes" to start the service).
    8. Go to the tuner list, and you should now see a "Hauppauge Siena Crossbar" tuner with type "analog".
    9. Go to the scan section for this Siena crossbar and click "add s-video channels".
    10. Go to the "TV Channels" section.
    Hopefully at this point you now see one channel per video input on the HD-PVR. That would be one HDMI, one component (YrYbY), one s-video and one composite (CVBS).
    Please confirm you can get that far...

Attachments

• TVLibrary.zip
      238.1 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello again joeb1990

I don't mean to hassle, but I'm really curious about whether the patch worked or not. :)
    Looks like the patch has been downloaded 4 times at this stage. I'm not sure if that is only you or whether other people are trying the patch too. Basically feedback from anybody who has tried the patch would be really welcome. Unfortunately without feedback the patch won't make it into official releases, so it is really important that you let us know if the patch works. :)

mm

jaysbro

May 22, 2013
    Home Country
    Hello again joeb1990

I don't mean to hassle, but I'm really curious about whether the patch worked or not. :)
    Looks like the patch has been downloaded 4 times at this stage. I'm not sure if that is only you or whether other people are trying the patch too. Basically feedback from anybody who has tried the patch would be really welcome. Unfortunately without feedback the patch won't make it into official releases, so it is really important that you let us know if the patch works. :)

mm

The patched worked great. I was able to add the tuner per your instructions (capturing component video and digital audio) and then add the channel list through the Schedules Direct Plugin. I am doing IR blasting through the HDPVR2 to a Set-top box with the Serverblaster plugin. All seems to be working fine. thank you for your help.:)

Cpoc

Portal Member
    January 7, 2013
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I can second that the patch also works. You must map all the channels and edit them one by one in the crossbar settings and change the capture to s-video #1 to hdmi #1 and sound automatic. I hope this patch makes it to 1.5 final as experimental support.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom