HDTV pixeling and jumps seconds back... (1 Viewer)

King-S

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 6, 2008
    Near Frankfurt
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello there...

I don't know how to explain the problem exactly. This is why I added a sample-video. When I'm playing HDTV then the pictures do sometimes have many pixels.

What I discovered while viewing the recorded video, the pixels are appearing because of a "jumpback" in time of 1 or 2 seconds. I recorded a sequence of the Soccer Word Championchip (WM 2010) and saw the time going 38, 39, 40, 39, 40, 41.

I use the latest MP (RC4 I think) and use a dedicated TV-Server and use another PC as Client. Network is Gigabit. Settings of the Client are in the attachment.

Non-HD-Channels work like a charm - like everything else ;)

And it doesn't belong to the codec-type. Tested two (Win7-built-in and MainConcept (Consumer) AVC/H.264 Video Decoder)

Something very strange: Watched a HDChannel (ZDF HD) for over an hour without any problems. Then suddenly the described failure appeared and never gone back....

Please... can somebody help me? Wanna watch the next game in HD tomorrow ;)

Thanks

Attachments

• settings1.PNG
      settings1.PNG
      106.7 KB
    • settings2.PNG
      settings2.PNG
      94.7 KB
    • settings3.PNG
      settings3.PNG
      114.6 KB

te3hpurp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 23, 2008
    Rovaniemi
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Hi.
    Without logs, it,s hard to tell.

It could be virtually anything, Drivers, Signal quality, Network Provider....

Logs are allways needed.

Br,

King-S

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 6, 2008
    Near Frankfurt
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hallo,

yes, I forgot to attach the log-files. I read through them quickly and could nothing figure out according to this problem. We watched the Soccer-Report before the game started (ZDF HD) - everything was fine. Some minutes after the game started (totally watched over an hour ZDF HD) the pixeling started again. Nothing in the logs...

I hope you will find out more than I did...

Thanks

pock

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: HDTV pixeling and jumps seconds back...

...same Problems here, but on SD Channels sometimes too! I tried a lot to fix the problem, z.B. : new DVB-S Card, new LNB, new Sat-Cable, timeshift on RamDisk, new Win7 Installation, several Driver and Codec testet, etc. Watching WM2010 is only possible with my old WinXP Image and MP 1.0.2

Gruß Pock

King-S

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 6, 2008
    Near Frankfurt
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hm... yesterday I watched the game on ARD HD - no problems... I also run Win7 (could this be the problem, except that it is Windows ;) )

What about the logs? At first, they want to have the logs and then... nobody wants to look at them. hm.

Hm... waiting for help - can't fix it on my own. Sorry.

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: HDTV pixeling and jumps seconds back...

ATI? Than it is a driver bug known since a very long time Nov 2009. Only solution is to disable DXVA for HD.

King-S

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 6, 2008
    Near Frankfurt
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes, in deed, it's an ATI graphics card. Can you please tell me/us, what DXVA is and how we can disable it?

Thanks in advance

(btw: I'm also looking in the forum for the solution...)

te3hpurp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 23, 2008
    Rovaniemi
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Hi.

Sorry for late answer. I was not at home for few days.
    But from logs, nothing special is there. Only Continuity errors,
    And audio / video out of sync problems, and one case where
    video stream type was changed in a middle of playback.

Log:
    18-06-2010 20:21:28.913 [9c4]Compensation : ( Rnd : 0 mS ) Audio pts greatly ahead Video pts . Add 0.921 sec of extra video comp to start now !...( real time TV )

There has over 2 sec late frames in log so I would say that is the problem. There could be number of reasons for this behavior. Signal, Video drivers, codecs, tuner dirvers,
    Nework problems in multiseat.

Sorry not much help.

Br,

pock

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: HDTV pixeling and jumps seconds back...

ATI? Than it is a driver bug known since a very long time Nov 2009. Only solution is to disable DXVA for HD.
    I think a lot of people use the Combo ATI/Catalyst - Win7 - MP RC - DXVA on! But only a few report about our problem?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom