[confirm] HDTV stutter (1 Viewer)

mrmojo666

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2006
    Turin
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    You guys couldnt be suffering from the same problem i have here?

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...6/dvb-subs-teletext-subs-framedropping-78418/

It is not my case, I have subs switched of at TV section

I start to be little bit desperated. Yesterday I installed new HD5450 to test hw acceleration of H.264, but again the same sympthoms: after while HDTV starts to stutter. So now there is no way how to watch HDTV properly in my case, sooner or later it starts to stutter no matter if sw codec (CoreAVC2.0) or hw acc. codec (MPC, Cyberlink 9 ) is used (situation is now even worse then with MP1.0.2). :confused:

Have you tried with directshowhelper.dll provided in that thread ?
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...mproving-evr-renderer-playback-quality-77563/

now i'm almost happy with the 3rd one and i could put down the frequencies of my 4670 until 300MHZ instead of stock 750...... it let me use that card with the fan at 3% and it made my htpc very very quiet :)

I hope you can find a solution soon for you problem........

PS: please pay attention that the 5450 ins't able to decode any H.264 stream with all postprocessing and deinterlacing ON . check here AnandTech: AMD?s Radeon HD 5450: The Next Step In HTPC Video Cards

lordie

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 19, 2007
    Prague
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    You guys couldnt be suffering from the same problem i have here?

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...6/dvb-subs-teletext-subs-framedropping-78418/

It is not my case, I have subs switched of at TV section

I start to be little bit desperated. Yesterday I installed new HD5450 to test hw acceleration of H.264, but again the same sympthoms: after while HDTV starts to stutter. So now there is no way how to watch HDTV properly in my case, sooner or later it starts to stutter no matter if sw codec (CoreAVC2.0) or hw acc. codec (MPC, Cyberlink 9 ) is used (situation is now even worse then with MP1.0.2). :confused:

Have you tried with directshowhelper.dll provided in that thread ?
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...mproving-evr-renderer-playback-quality-77563/

now i'm almost happy with the 3rd one and i could put down the frequencies of my 4670 until 300MHZ instead of stock 750...... it let me use that card with the fan at 3% and it made my htpc very very quiet :)

I hope you can find a solution soon for you problem........

PS: please pay attention that the 5450 ins't able to decode any H.264 stream with all postprocessing and deinterlacing ON . check here AnandTech: AMD?s Radeon HD 5450: The Next Step In HTPC Video Cards

Thanks for hint ! I will try the dll.
    Regarding the Anandtech article, it was confirmed bug of Catalyst 10.1. In the latest 10.2, the problem should be fixed (see Rage3D.com : ATI Radeon HD5450 & 5570 HTPC Addendum: Deinterlacing Performance [ ATI Radeon HD5450 & 5570: Deinterlacing Performance ]

lordie

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 19, 2007
    Prague
    Home Country
    I finally gave up bringing TV in MP on winxp to work. After one sleepless night I reinstalled system completelly using windows 7 64b. Besides it make me quite crazy, force me to throw away my xonar Dx card and skystar 2 card, it seems it improves Tv extremelly. Now I have almost no issues with MS codecs, but I tried Cyberlink too, which looked very promissing until few minutes ago. The attached picture explains all. Do anybody have explanation, how such situation can occure ?
    Thanks

Attachments

• HDTV Stutter.jpg
      HDTV Stutter.jpg
      132 KB
    • Mediaportal Client.zip
      30.7 KB
    • Mediaportal Server.zip
      30.7 KB

Scythe42

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I finally gave up bringing TV in MP on winxp to work. After one sleepless night I reinstalled system completelly using windows 7 64b. Besides it make me quite crazy, force me to throw away my xonar Dx card and skystar 2 card, it seems it improves Tv extremelly. Now I have almost no issues with MS codecs, but I tried Cyberlink too, which looked very promissing until few minutes ago. The attached picture explains all. Do anybody have explanation, how such situation can occure ?
    Thanks
    Red graph hits the top or bottom of the graph display grid and is wrapped around to the other side. That's why you see it jumping from top to bottom and vice versa. Perfectly OK as a line is drawn across all measuring points connecting them. Purely cosmetic issue of the stats renderer.

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Offtopic.

But is it possible to get this graph under windows XP and vmr9? If yes then how to do it.

lordie

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 19, 2007
    Prague
    Home Country
    Thanks
    Red graph hits the top or bottom of the graph display grid and is wrapped around to the other side. That's why you see it jumping from top to bottom and vice versa. Perfectly OK as a line is drawn across all measuring points connecting them. Purely cosmetic issue of the stats renderer.

But what about FPS, there is 12FPS and ther should be 50FPS (and of course playback stuttered like hell)?

adams79

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 23, 2008
    I've exactely the same probelm with cyberlink... and as I wrote in some other posts, i've problem with Arcsoft decoder (after 10 seconds the image freeze) and with MPC decoder (i've a strange repeating frame exach x frames)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom