[confirm] HDTV stutter (1 Viewer)

lordie

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 19, 2007
    Prague
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    After some tests yesterday it seems that increasing priority of MP client to "above normal" improves HDTV playback dramatically. With MS codecs I have now no stuttering (well with one exception described bellow). Unfortunatelly Cyberlink codec suffers from the problem described above - time to time FPS falls down to cca 12 and is not able to recover until skipping back/forward or channel change (isn't it just my feeling that picture quality of MS codecs is lower then Cyberlink codec ?)

There is one strange thing in case MS codecs are used and HD channel is shown - cca 40-45 seconds after start of HD channel (or HD recording) there are several older frames mixed with current frames (it takes cca 1s and never occures again until next HD channel change or restart of recording). It is not a problem of stream because if you go back before the place, where it occures, it will not happen. It is just a "cosmetical" issue, but I would be interesting why it happens

kkendall

Portal Pro
    April 24, 2007
    Gouda
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Unfortunatelly Cyberlink codec suffers from the problem described above - time to time FPS falls down to cca 12 and is not able to recover until skipping back/forward or channel change (isn't it just my feeling that picture quality of MS codecs is lower then Cyberlink codec ?)
    That is what happens at my end. Watching tv looks great, but all of the sudden it starts stuttering. This sometimes goes away by itself, sometimes only with skipstep back or forward.
    To me it seems the Cyberlink codec gives better picture quality.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Unfortunatelly Cyberlink codec suffers from the problem described above - time to time FPS falls down to cca 12 and is not able to recover until skipping back/forward or channel change (isn't it just my feeling that picture quality of MS codecs is lower then Cyberlink codec ?)
    That is what happens at my end. Watching tv looks great, but all of the sudden it starts stuttering. This sometimes goes away by itself, sometimes only with skipstep back or forward.
    To me it seems the Cyberlink codec gives better picture quality.

Please post EVR & TsReader logs that cover the time span when the stuttering happened.

flodav

Portal Member
    November 3, 2008
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi all,

I also have massive frames dropped in liveTV when I am watching HD 1080i.

I'm using RC1 + core.dll with SAF 4.0 stable on HD3200 (catalyst 10.2) chipset with dual core CPU installed on Win7 (EVR enabled).
    I tried to disable Aero, but no gain at all, it is even worse, no AV sync anymore and tearing.
    CPU is around 25% while playing this channel.
    I also have same kind of stuttering while playing 1080p mkv files.

I've done a WinXP (VMR9 enabled) installation on another HDD and in this case I don't have stuttering on the same channel.

Please find attached some logs, please help me to understand what happens. I'm glad to do experiments.

swissracer65

Portal Member
    January 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    AW: HDTV stutter

The problem with the HDTV-picture-freeze was fixed with the core.dll from the second RC1DVDMenufix, but unfortunately it has created a suspend/resume issue.

I hope for a fixed core.dll that fix the HDTV problem which don't create the suspen/resume issue.

mts

Portal Pro
    September 2, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

To underline this problem I want to confirm that I also have the same symptoms.
    After a while (esspecially when opening the epg while watching HD) the picture starts stuttering and my fps goes down to 15.
    Sometimes the stuttering stopps by itself, sometimes not.
    I hope this problem gets resolved in the next RC-release.

swissracer65

Portal Member
    January 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland

My HDTV-issues are resolved by using the core.dll from Manfred in threat "Playing problems in RC1: TV, radio, AVI, DXVA".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom