HDTV Stutters, but only in MePo (1 Viewer)

Kakskiv

Portal Member
January 16, 2009
Home Country
Norway Norway
MediaPortal Version: 1.1 final
MediaPortal Skin: Streamed MP
Windows Version: windows 7
CPU Type: intel E8600
HDD: 2x SSD, raid 0
Memory: 4GB
Motherboard: Asus p5q Deluxe
Video Card: Ati Radeon 4850
Video Card Driver: Catalyst 10.7
Sound Card:
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: Digitaleverywhere FloppyDTV
1. TV Card Type:
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type: DVB-C
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: SAF 4.0
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV: Samsung, le-40m86bd 1920x1080
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

Hi,
I`m having some issues (hesvy stuttering) watching hdtv. I`ve read a whole lot on the forum, but none of the problems SEEMS to be identical to mine. If I watch HDTV in FireDTV Viewer (the sw that came with my tv-card) HDTV plays just fine.

Attached is my log file, hopefully someone can help me! :)

Attachments

• HDTV.zip
    155.5 KB

Kakskiv

Portal Member
January 16, 2009
Home Country
Norway Norway
I can also add that the dynamic refresh rate is enabled. Pausing for a couple of seconds does not help. Recording and then playing it with VLC gives the same stuttering. And SD-tv plays just perfect...

Kakskiv

Portal Member
January 16, 2009
Home Country
Norway Norway
Today i noticed something strange. One of the HD channels (NRK1) was broadcasting a program in SD (544x576). And there was still stuttering. Somehow Mediaportal is not able to play this channel.

The same channel (NRK1) is also broadcasting at an other frequency in pure SD (never HD), and there is no problem playing this channel. The same is for TV2, which is also broadcasing in SD at another frequency. This channel is also perfect...

Too bad I'm not able to play the "HD-channel(s)" whether they are broadcasting HD or not...

Kakskiv

Portal Member
January 16, 2009
Home Country
Norway Norway
Finally I've manage to solve the problem. It was just a coincidence that the HDTV was stuttering...

Since there is not that many people from my region using MediaPortal (or any other sw for TV on the PC) I had no idea which frequency i should be searching for to get every channel. So I made a xml file that contained frequencies from 140MHz up to 850MHz with a step of 1MHz (140, 141, 142...).
So when MePo starts searching for channels and it finds a channel at 522MHz (NRK1 HD) with 100% signal quality it is stored in the channel list. But the same channel (NRK1 HD) is also found at 523MHz with bad signal quality. I don't know if this is some kind of a bug, but MePo overwrites (updates) the frequency for the channel. The result is bad reception and stuttering.

So for every channel that was stuttering I updated the frequency by searching for the same channel at 1MHz lower than the stored one.

Now everything works 100% and the WAF is getting very high!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom