Heavy pixelation on HD OTA Streams

Discussion in 'Installation, configuration support' started by Redsnb2, October 7, 2019.

1. Redsnb2

Redsnb2 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Armenia Armenia
    I think this may be due to a limitation with my hardware, but I wanted to be sure first.

Whenever I watch live TV channels through my USB tuner, I notice that HD (5+ bit rate as shown from tuning options) channels have a lot of issues with pixelation and stuttering while SD channels (2-3.7 bit rate as shown from tuning options) work fine.

Is there anything I can do about this?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. CyberSimian
    • Team MediaPortal

CyberSimian Test Group

Ratings:
    +983 / 3
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Show System Specs
    Do you have a separate TV set that can receive these channels without problem?

(1) If the TV set cannot receive them without problem, you need a better aerial system.

(2) If the TV is OK, be aware that the tuners used for an HTPC are generally less sensitive than those used in TV sets, so the signal might be too weak for reliable reception by the HTPC. If this is the case, you need a better aerial system.

(3) I am not sure whether other aspects of your HTPC are important (e.g. the graphics adapter or the speed of the disks). Perhaps others can comment?

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!