Heavy Stuttering during LiveTV (1 Viewer)

nuesel

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    MediaPortal Version: 1.2.2 FINAL
    MediaPortal Skin: Standard
    Windows Version: Windows 7, 32bit
    CPU Type: Intel Core2DuoE8400@3GHz
    HDD: WD 3200, 300GB
    Memory: 4GB, Kingston
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-EG45M-UD2H
    Video Card: Intel G45/G43 Express Chipset
    Video Card Driver: 8.15.10.1872
    Sound Card: see motherboard
    Sound Card AC3: over HDMI
    Sound Card Driver:
    1. TV Card: Hauppauge Nova Dual DVB-T
    1. TV Card Type: DVB-T
    1. TV Card Driver: 4.3.25080.0
    2. TV Card: Hauppauge WinTV HVR-930C
    2. TV Card Type: DVB-C and DVB-T (DVB-T not used)
    2. TV Card Driver: 5.10.325.28153 (Drive date 02.06.2010)
    3. TV Card:
    3. TV Card Type:
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec:
    MPEG2 Audio Codec:
    h.264 Video Codec:
    Satelite/CableTV Provider:
    HTPC Case: Silverstone SG01 schwarz
    Cooling: passive cooled
    Power Supply:
    Remote: Microsoft MCE
    TV: Sony KDL-37W5500
    TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

I installed the newest MediaPortal 1.2.2 (fresh install). DVB-T works fine, but I've a problem with my DVB-C card. I get massive stuttering (DVB-C TV is no useable at all). All channels on this card are affected.
    I've read some articles about this issue in the forum and I'm sure, that the CPU is well below 100% (the TV server process is about 10%, no other significant processes). The hard disk is not too busy, so this shouldn't be the problem.
    I know, that a too hot PC can cause such problems. The hard disk is abou 40°C, the CPU about 50°C. Only the GPU is about 70°C.
    The signal quality is okay, I can watch DVB-C using my TV-inbuilt DVB-C Receiver and everything works fine. And everything worked fine using MediaPortal 1.1.2. I used the same hardware, the same cables, the same drivers. Just installed a new MediaPortal and MySQL.

I just attached the logs of the TVServer since I see discontinuities during timeshift in the TV setup (manual section).

Does someone know, what could be the problem here? Thanks a lot in advance.

Nuesel

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi and welcome nuesel :)

You've described the problem very well so thank you for that - makes it easier to help you. :D

The signal quality is okay, I can watch DVB-C using my TV-inbuilt DVB-C Receiver and everything works fine. And everything worked fine using MediaPortal 1.1.2. I used the same hardware, the same cables, the same drivers. Just installed a new MediaPortal and MySQL.
    Did you do a full reinstall of the operating system, or only MP? Comparing the signal quality between the TV and the tuner card is not really a fair comparison, however if TV used to be smooth with MP 1.1.2 and now is no longer smooth with only the change in MP version then that is important information. The continuity errors that I see in the TsWriter log when you view DVB-C channels most commonly suggest signal problems or HDD stress (eg. real-time scanner - Windows defender, Microsoft security essentials etc. - is checking the timeshifting files or something) - those are the top two causes. In this case it seems like you have tested DVB-T and DVB-C channels at approximately the same time and that you're using the same timeshifting folder. This makes me think that the problem is more likely to be signal related...

mm

nuesel

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: Heavy Stuttering during LiveTV

Hello,
    sorry for the long delay.
    I've come to the conclusion, that the DVB card must be damaged somehow. I will send it back to my retailer.
    The card shows the same problem using a different computer and different DVB software. Definetely no MediaPortal issue.

Thanks for your support
    Nuesel

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom