[Action Required] Help! Can't play anything, DB now shows empty? (1 Viewer)

scythe000

Portal Pro
July 6, 2008
When I try to download any file, I get the error below:
Code:
The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.

at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
  at MPExtended.Applications.WebMediaPortal.Controllers.StreamController.ProxyStream(String sourceUrl) in C:\Users\Oxan\Documents\Projects\MPExtended\Applications\MPExtended.Applications.WebMediaPortal\Controllers\StreamController.cs:line 249
  at MPExtended.Applications.WebMediaPortal.Controllers.StreamController.Download(WebMediaType type, String item) in C:\Users\Oxan\Documents\Projects\MPExtended\Applications\MPExtended.Applications.WebMediaPortal\Controllers\StreamController.cs:line 153
  at lambda_method(Closure , ControllerBase , Object[] )
  at System.Web.Mvc.ActionMethodDispatcher.Execute(ControllerBase controller, Object[] parameters)
  at System.Web.Mvc.ReflectedActionDescriptor.Execute(ControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary`2 parameters)
  at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethod(ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters)
  at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass15.<InvokeActionMethodWithFilters>b__12()
  at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodFilter(IActionFilter filter, ActionExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation)
  at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass15.<>c__DisplayClass17.<InvokeActionMethodWithFilters>b__14()
  at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodWithFilters(ControllerContext controllerContext, IList`1 filters, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters)
  at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeAction(ControllerContext controllerContext, String actionName)
  at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.ExecuteCore()
  at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerBase.Execute(RequestContext requestContext)
  at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerBase.System.Web.Mvc.IController.Execute(RequestContext requestContext)
  at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.<>c__DisplayClass6.<>c__DisplayClassb.<BeginProcessRequest>b__5()
  at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.<>c__DisplayClass1.<MakeVoidDelegate>b__0()
  at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.<>c__DisplayClass8`1.<BeginSynchronous>b__7(IAsyncResult _)
  at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.WrappedAsyncResult`1.End()
  at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.<>c__DisplayClasse.<EndProcessRequest>b__d()
  at System.Web.Mvc.SecurityUtil.<GetCallInAppTrustThunk>b__0(Action f)
  at System.Web.Mvc.SecurityUtil.ProcessInApplicationTrust(Action action)
  at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
  at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.System.Web.IHttpAsyncHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult result)
  at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
  at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

Or when I try to play any file, VLC just sits there and flash says file not found.

Last edited:

scythe000

Portal Pro
July 6, 2008
Great, I broke it worse. :-/. I thought maybe it was because the path to the DBs was different than on my other PCs, so I changed the path to the DBs, and now it won't even show my library.

Last edited:

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Sorry, missed your post.

Your logs seem to be fine and don't show the error in the start post. Can you try to reproduce the error and re-export your logs?

scythe000

Portal Pro
    July 6, 2008
    That's what i was saying...now i can't even get it to display my library. I log in, and I just have welcome, home and settings. It's all blank now, like maybe it thinks the DB is empty or something.

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Oh sorry, didn't read correctly.

It looks like your TV Series and MovingPictures databases are on a network share. That's possible, but you need to configure the service to run as an account with access to the network shares then. That needs to be done in services.msc (this way). Setting the users only in MPExtended doesn't work for your databases.

scythe000

Portal Pro
    July 6, 2008
    Ok, did that. Still no dice. The files are actually local, but i had thought it would be good to use the same path as all the clients, so I mapped the local drive also as Z:\ and used that path. If I change it back to e:\, the library shows up, but i get the same error in the 1st post. Logs showing that error are attached.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom