Help Configuring Ceton InfiniTV 6 Eth (2 Viewers)

stratumorien

Portal Member
December 7, 2012
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
I am super frustrated. I cannot seem to figure out how to get my tuners to scan channels successfully. I have tried on two computers with the same result.

"Signal Locked" no channels found....

Firewall is disabled... WMC works fine with device, however I am trying to find alternative.

Thanks in advance,
Bri

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello and welcome Bri

I'm sorry you're feeling frustrated. Let's try to sort this out!

I'll need a bit more information in order to assist you. So, some questions and requests to start off with:
    1. Who is your cable provider? (eg. Comcast)
    2. Do you have a tuning adapter (TA), also known as a tuning resolver (TR)? (This would be a little black box connected to your tuner via USB. It enables you to receive channels delivered using switched digital video [SDV].)
    3. Please provide your TV Server log files. Instructions as follows:
      1. Open TV Server Configuration.
      2. Click "open log directory" in the top left corner.
      3. Zip/compress all the files in that folder.
      4. Attach ("upload a file") the zip file to your next reply.
    Regards,
    mm

stratumorien

Portal Member
    December 7, 2012
    Home Country
    Thanks for the quick response! This is my current status

1. I have only one of the tuners enabled. I have checked CAM and used digital cable to scan channels. I disabled AVAST (software AV) completely and was able to get channels.

2. I can preview and tune channels on this single tuner. But there is no EPG data,

3. This is now where I am stuck. It appears EPG data is nto available directly and need plugin. Trying to figure out webEPG and am not successful.

- No tuning adapter.
    --- Post updated ---
    Err. Sorry.... I am on Verizon Fios Digital Cable Bristol County MA. USA

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Right, so you're much further along now. (y)

I have checked CAM and used digital cable to scan channels.
    Good. (y)

I disabled AVAST (software AV) completely and was able to get channels.
    Right, so I guess AVAST thought that the lineup info that the tuner was sending to TV Server was unsolicited (a common mistake)... or something like that. Security software is a real nuisance when it silently blocks stuff that shouldn't be blocked.

I can preview and tune channels on this single tuner. But there is no EPG data,

3. This is now where I am stuck. It appears EPG data is nto available directly and need plugin.
    Correct, you have to acquire your own EPG data.

Trying to figure out webEPG and am not successful.
    Okay. Personally I wouldn't recommend WebEPG. It'll be very time-consuming to set up for ~700 channels, and the quality of the data isn't great. You get what you pay for. ;)
    Instead I'd recommend signing up with SchedulesDirect and using mc2xml with the XMLTV plugin:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_..._TV_Setup/4_TV_Guide_Setup_(EPG)/XMLTV_mc2xml

...but if you want to stick with WebEPG that's fine. I'd assume you're following the IMDB setup guide?
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...ides/2_TV_Setup/4_TV_Guide_Setup_(EPG)/WebEPG

Can you tell me where you're stuck so that I can try to assist you?

stratumorien

Portal Member
    December 7, 2012
    Home Country
    Ok, so I have since moved on to the XMLTV plugin and have downloaded mc2xml.exe. Following directions in wiki including renaming the file created (using legacy microsoft with my zip, finds bristol county fios/digital and and finished succesful) to tvguide.xml and adding downloaded file xmltv.dtd. I point to he containing folder and import does nothing. I click it and there is no response.

perplexed

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ...and import does nothing.
    There'll be a status there, which is probably something like "can't find XMLTV file".
    It's annoying, but the XMLTV plugin doesn't pick up changes to the XMLTV folder until you go to another section within (or close and reopen) TV Server Configuration. If you do that, it should then pick up the file and import the channels. After that you go to the mapping tab etc. as detailed in the wiki.

stratumorien

Portal Member
    December 7, 2012
    Home Country
    open/close config. change tabs. import doesn't respond with anything at all. click, click,click, nothing.... folder contains the following files
    mc2xml.dat
    mx2xml.exe
    tvguide.xml (renamed as per wiki)
    xmltv.dtd

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Please copy and paste the contents of your XMLTV folder setting here.
    Also, make sure you didn't change xmltv.xml to tvguide.xml.xml. It's a really easy mistake to make because Windows hides the file extension by default. In other words: you may have to rename the file to [what appears to be] just "tvguide".

stratumorien

Portal Member
    December 7, 2012
    Home Country
    Thanks again for your support and quick replies. also apologies for my ignorance. I am pretty savvy but this is a good challenge for me.

c:\mc2xml>dir
    Volume in drive C has no label.
    Volume Serial Number is 06A9-5B3F

Directory of c:\mc2xml

07/31/2016 05:51 PM <DIR> .
    07/31/2016 05:51 PM <DIR> ..
    07/31/2016 05:47 PM 105 mc2xml.dat
    07/31/2016 05:31 PM 972,800 mc2xml.exe
    07/31/2016 05:47 PM 234,250,196 tvguide.xml
    07/31/2016 05:41 PM 21,891 xmltv.dtd
    4 File(s) 235,244,992 bytes
    2 Dir(s) 140,616,097,792 bytes free

c:\mc2xml>

I keep "view" options to be verbose on extensions. I hate that nasty windows hidden extension default. Attached are the files in the folder.

Thanks again,
    Bri

Attachments

• mc2xml.rar
      10.4 MB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks again for your support and quick replies.
    No problem, that's what we're here for. :)

Before I say anything more, I just noticed you said:
    file created (using legacy microsoft with my zip...
    That will not work.
    As it says in the wiki:
    As of July 26 2015 the "Microsoft legacy" service appears to have stopped providing listings updates for some countries.

From the contents of your tvguide.xml I can see that the latest programs are from July 2015.
    If you're going to use mc2xml, you either need to pay for a SchedulesDirect subscription (note: only $25 per year, and free trial) or pay for the "donator" version of mc2xml to get the ability to use the new Microsoft guide data service.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom