Help Configuring Ceton InfiniTV 6 Eth (1 Viewer)

stratumorien

Portal Member
December 7, 2012
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
Roger. So U.S. apparently is one of "some countries". I will pay for EPG subscription. Totally worth it. Ill be in touch.

While I have you... .my device has 6 tuners and appear as 6 separate device under the server tab. Do I have to repeat this for each tuner? is there an easy way to config device as multiple tuners with same channels and epg?

Thanks again.
Bri

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    So U.S. apparently is one of "some countries".
    Generally the answer is yes. However in practise it seems to depend on whether you're receiving cable or ATSC (over-the-air digital), and what part of the country you're in.

While I have you... .my device has 6 tuners and appear as 6 separate device under the server tab.
    Correct - that's normal.

Do I have to repeat this for each tuner? is there an easy way to config device as multiple tuners with same channels and epg?
    Answer 1: depends what you mean by "this". :)
    Answer 2: yes, absolutely.

You do have to repeat the tuner configuration (ie. enabling the CAM, set decrypt limit to 1). However that's the only thing.
    You can scan with one tuner, then use mapping to link the channels to the other tuners.
    EPG setup is only ever done once.

stratumorien

Portal Member
    December 7, 2012
    Home Country
    wish I had better luck.

I have downloaded EPG data from SD json for my zip successfully (see attached files). Behavior is the same on the part of the import button. :(

Bri

Attachments

• mc2xml_v2.rar
      16.2 MB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Okay.

Your XMLTV settings should be as follows:
    folder = c:\mcxml
    import new tvguide.xml = ticked
    import files in new tvguide.lst = unticked
    delete old programs before import = ticked
    apply time compensation = unticked
    (If you have to fix any of them, make sure you close and reopen TV Server Configuration.)

When you click import for the first time, total channels imported should jump to 758 (after a few seconds, because it's a large file). Total programs imported will stay as 0 until you save a mapping and hit import again.

If total channels imported is staying as 0, there should be an error message below telling you what the problem is.

If still stuck, please provide:
    1. A screenshot of the XMLTV plugin general tab.
    2. Your TV Server log files again. (Same procedure as previously described.)

Last edited:

stratumorien

Portal Member
    December 7, 2012
    Home Country
    Perhaps I am expecting a more verbose console output letting me know things are "peachy". I have since discovered a sneaky "quiet" repsonse that has 758 channels imported as of 7/31/2016 7:53PM.. closer yet. thanks. will keep you posted

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Perhaps I am expecting a more verbose console output letting me know things are "peachy". I have since discovered a sneaky "quiet" repsonse that has 758 channels imported as of 7/31/2016 7:53PM.
    Ahhh, there's no console output. That "sneaky quiet" response is the expected response. It is labelled "import status report" for a reason. ;)

stratumorien

Portal Member
    December 7, 2012
    Home Country
    cool. I am now at the mappings tab.. confused again. I am looking at zap2it.com... not clear on how to fix the mappings for non-green channels. so many options.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
      Untitled.png
      65 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    It's really not that hard. :)

green = exact match => don't have to do anything
    yellow = partial match => don't have to do anything unless the match selected by the XMLTV plugin is wrong
    red = no match => must select manually

so many options.
    Well, you've got 758 channels, and each is probably listed 3 times (channel number, callsign and full name). It is a bit extreme... but not undoable.

[edit: To be clear, you can map to either the channel number, callsign, or full name - just select whichever is easiest for you. For example, if you know NBC is WNBC channel 42, you could select either "WNBC", "42" or "NBC".]

You can start typing to jump to a part of the list. For example, if you press the "n" key on your keyboard, you jump to the first channel starting with n. If you type "nb" quickly, you'll jump to entries like NBC.

I am looking at zap2it.com
    Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but how is looking at zap2it meant to help?

stratumorien

Portal Member
    December 7, 2012
    Home Country
    Started fresh installation and config on new computer. Having issues again at scanning channels.

[2016-08-01 09:20:04,330] [Log ] [ATSC scan thread] [ERROR] - Exception :confused:ystem.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Value of '-1' is not valid for 'Value'. 'Value' should be between 'minimum' and 'maximum'.
    Parameter name: Value
    at System.Windows.Forms.ProgressBar.set_Value(Int32 value)
    at SetupTv.Sections.CardAtsc.UpdateStatus()
    at SetupTv.Sections.CardAtsc.DoScan()

TIA
    Bri

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Started fresh installation and config on new computer.
    Hmmm, let's just back up the truck for a moment...

Are you throwing away the previous install, or...?

...and are you aware that MediaPortal is a client + server software?
    In other words, it may be possible for you to install MediaPortal [client only] on this other computer, and have it get TV via the first PC which you already setup. That would save you time having to configure everything twice, and it also would give TV Server more flexibility with the tuners it uses.

I'm not saying that I can't or won't assist you. Just making sure this is really what you want. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom