Help Configuring Zap2xml (1 Viewer)

Sakols

Portal Member
November 21, 2016
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hi, Im trying to get Zap2xml working on Media Portal 1 on Windows 10. Im located in California and want to watch ATSC. Ive been able to configure the batch file to create tvguide.xml, but MP doesn't import the program info- just the channels. I can see the channels to be mapped, but when I map a few, I can't see any program info in the guide. Ive tested the same xml file with NextPVR, and it populates the guide fine. Web EPG looks like the alternative, but will need a lot of manual editing in the grabber file. How can I get my EPG running quickly?

thanks,
dan

Sakols

Portal Member
November 21, 2016
Home Country
Ive followed all these steps. When I import the xml, (which is about a MB) there is no delay- it seems nothing gets imported besides the channels. I also have the xmltv.dtd file in the folder too. How can I trouble shoot this?

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    Collect the logs and post them here.
    Also check the path in the xmltv plugin and make sure its pointed to the same location as the tvguide.xml

Some of the grabbers write to guide.xml and the xmltv importer looks for tvguide.xml

Sakols

Portal Member
    November 21, 2016
    Home Country
    here is the xml I'm generating. I changed the extension to .txt to enable it to upload.

Thanks for you help on this.
    --- Post updated ---
    the xml uploaded fine.

Attachments

• tvguide.xml
      6.1 MB

Sakols

Portal Member
    November 21, 2016
    Home Country
    I zipped up the entire log file. The latest logs are most relevant, as I was trying WebEPG earlier...but didn't finish the config. It seems to indicate a problem importing the xmlcv program information in the last log. Hmm what does that mean?

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    So, do you have the xmltv grabber script running from
    C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\xmltv\
    I ask because this is the location the xmltv plugin is looking for the tvguide.xml

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom