mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Problem is fixed! Thanks.
    You're welcome. :)

and I think it just dumps all available channels into the TVguide.xml.
    That's fine.

It seems I should do this by unchecking the channels under the TV Channels tab in the TV Server configuration, that I don't want to see in the program guide.
    Yes, that is one way to do it. Either that or create one or more custom channel groups.

That doesn't seem to work.
    Make sure you're doing it in the first tab, not in the "All Channels" tab. Unchecking the channels in the "All Channels" tab will have no effect.
    Also, you have to close and reopen MediaPortal for changes to take effect.

Channels unchecked there, still appear in the XmlTv plugin tuning channel list, which I think is the source for the channels listed in the Guide.
    I think you're mixed up here. The XMLTV plugin tuning channel list is not the source for channels listed in the guide.

Sakols

Portal Member
    November 21, 2016
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I have managed to make a new group under TV Channels. When I populate that new group form the Channels tab, it populates. I hit OK and Server Config closes. I then launch and close Media Portal app as you instructed. when I re-open Server Config, the channels are gone from my new group. What step am I missing? I assume, when I get this right, I will only see these channels to map in the XMLTV plugin and only these will show in the Guide.
    thanks, dan

Sakols

Portal Member
    November 21, 2016
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Nevermind, I got it. to move the channels you need to right click and then select the group you want to add to. If you drag and drop, despite there being a + sign suggesting it is the way, it doesnt work. I also didn't need to open and close Media Portal
    dan

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom