Help manually adding QAM channel (1 Viewer)

SkinsFan0521

Portal Pro
October 19, 2011
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I've been using MediaPortal for over a year now, but haven't gotten much into the TV Server part of it until recently and I have some questions. They may be newbie questions or they may be more advanced. I don't know enough to know which they are...yet.

So, I can use the TV Server to scan for channels and it picks a bunch up. But, there are others that I'd like to try adding manually that I know should be available, but aren't picked up with the scan.

I know that I can go into the TV Channels node and click the Add button. But, my question is with the small pop-up with all of the settings on it. I don't know where to get all of that information from??

I've tried looking at this link from SiliconDust using my zip code. But, what comes up is only part of the information. I just really don't understand where to get this information from:

Frequency
Network ID
Transport ID
PMT PID

From what I can tell, most of the channels that come across my cable line are one of a few frequencies, so if I had to, I could do some trial & error with that. But, I really don't know where to get the other information. It seems that the Network ID is almost always (or maybe always) 0.

But, the Transport ID and PMT PID are always different. I just don't understand how I'm supposed to get that information.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom