[Question] Help on "GetArtwork" (1 Viewer)

mantrigor

Portal Member
November 1, 2012
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi everybody,

I´m trying to get Album Cover Artwork into a flash app. I´m using the JSON API but now I´m a liddle stuck.
with this
http://myIP:4322/MPExtended/StreamingService/stream/GetArtwork?data=[{"artworktype":"jpg","offset":0,"mediatype":4,"id":"1332428179","provider:"4}]
I´m trying to get the artwork as RAW-data but I always get error-messages.
What do I do wrong?

thanx

Last edited:

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Our API doesn't take all data as a single JSON object in the data parameter, but you need to pass them all individually as a parameter in the query string. So for example, you'll need to load GetArtwork?mediatype=7&provider=4&id=X&artworktype=4&offset=0.

Confusingly, the "id" parameter isn't the id of the artwork you want, but the id of the media item with which the artwork is associated (i.e. the album id if you want an album cover). Likewise, mediatype should be the type of media with which the artwork is associated (that will be 7 for an album, see the list). Also, artworktype shouldn't be the file format, but the type of artwork you want (that's 4 for a cover, see the list). I can understand the confusion; the names aren't very clear and it's poorly documented.

mantrigor

Portal Member
    November 1, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    thanx, now it´s woking. documentation is prety poor but so far, I figured out all I need but this one.

mantrigor

Portal Member
    November 1, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I just pick up this tread again. Do you know how I can get the logos of the radio-stations?

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    GetArtwork?mediatype=14&id=<channel id>&artworktype=5&offset=0.

However, radio logos are only supported in master (i.e. what will be 0.6), not in 0.5.x.

mantrigor

Portal Member
    November 1, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    And streamin of a radio-channel is also only supported in master, right?[DOUBLEPOST=1373528496][/DOUBLEPOST]is there a way to update already to these features?

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I actually don't know what the status of radio streaming is. Nobody might've tried it (at least I haven't).

If you want to use these features now, you've to compile MPExtended from source using Visual Studio. There is some documentation available on that here. Keep in mind that you're using a development then, which is less stable than the released version.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom