Help solve my MP Issues! (MCE Button, Remote etc!) (1 Viewer)

PhilUK

Portal Member
March 27, 2010
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
All running on Acer Revo 3600

MediaPortal Version: 1.1.0 RC3
MediaPortal Skin: Black Glass 2.4
Windows Version: Windows 7
CPU Type: Intel Atom 230 (1.6Ghz)
HDD: 160Gb
Memory: 1Gb (Soon to be upgraded to 2.5Gb)
Video Card: Nvidia Ion
1. TV Card: kworld 399-U
1. TV Card Type: USB
1. TV Card Driver: Standard Windows 7 automatic install
MPEG2 Video Codec: ffmpeg
h.264 Video Codec: Core Avc Pro 2
Remote: Shape Fractal Remote
TV: Samsung 32" LCD
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

Hi all, hoping for a bit of help completing my new install on my revo.

I had Mediaportal running on this machine (version 1.0.2) with a few issues (system drive was G:, Windows XP was messy with DVB fix etc) so decided to install a spare copy of Windows 7 i had onto it. I installed Mediaportal 1.1.0 RC3 which I am now having a few issues with. Any help with the below issues would be much appreciated.

Issue 1 (Major) : My remote control (Shape Fractal Remote) is working fine except for the green MCE button. It was working (switching to home screen) but was also opening Windows Media Centre so i disabled the MCE service in Windows 7 and now it does nothing. Can't work out why at all. I have tried installing MPTray (the Win 7 updated version) but still no change to the behaviour. (On the desktop, if I press the MCE button, i get the loading cursor for 1 second which then disappears - i assume as it tries to load Windows media centre and it is blocked)

Issue 2 (Major): On my previous installation with windows XP I was able to watch HD 720p mkv files perfectly using the coreavc codec. Now under Windows 7 it is very very stuttery. This may be due to ram requirements so have ordered a 2Gb stick to upgrade. Any other known reasons which may cause this?

Issue 3 (Minor): Each time I load into MP, the highlighted icon in the black glass skin is the Moving Pictures icon but I want it to highlight TV by default (this is 1 to the right of Moving Pictures in this skin). (It used to do this on my old XP install..)

Issue 4 (Minor/Major): Very oddly, whenever I turn on my TV from standby (the actual TV) the IR receiver box for my remote becomes 'partially active'. The IR receiver light is constantly on and causes the remote not to be able to send any signal to MP. This fortunately only lasts for about 5 minutes and then works fine. I think it must be an issue with the TV??

That's all for now, hoping I can get at least the first these sorted as I love my MP media centre attached to my TV!
:D

Cheers
Phil

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Hi Phil

Check these out.

Issue 1. Have you got these settings

sshot-1.jpg

Issue 2. Does this happen with the M$ codec as well, can MPC-HC play it using dxva, if not then re-encode with handbrrake.

Issue 3. a skin guru will come along and answer this, usually its the one ticked in editor that defines default one.

Issue 4. interaction between TV on and pc ir remote receiver seems strange, has Samsung enabled anything interactive for other devices over hdmi, might be worthwhile looking through the TV settings.
    Just for more info regarding this, you are not using the motherboard irreceiver which should be disabled if using a usb based one which came with the remote.

HTH

PhilUK

Portal Member
    March 27, 2010
    Home Country
    Hi Phil

Check these out.

Issue 1. Have you got these settings

View attachment 62880

Issue 2. Does this happen with the M$ codec as well, can MPC-HC play it using dxva, if not then re-encode with handbrrake.

Issue 3. a skin guru will come along and answer this, usually its the one ticked in editor that defines default one.

Issue 4. interaction between TV on and pc ir remote receiver seems strange, has Samsung enabled anything interactive for other devices over hdmi, might be worthwhile looking through the TV settings.
    Just for more info regarding this, you are not using the motherboard irreceiver which should be disabled if using a usb based one which came with the remote.

HTH

Issue 1 - I checked and the mptray box was not ticked, it is now but still no change after a restart... Have tried running MPtray.exe from the mediaportal folder with administrator privileges but no change...

Issue 2 - The files were running perfectly under XP so not sure why it would change. Have now installed another 2GB ram and seems much much better but will have a look with MPC and MS codec shortly and let you know.

Issue 3 - No update yet

Issue 4 - I have since turned off the Anynet interface the samsung ships with (controls HDMI devices via TV or something) but to no avail. Still no idea but the IR light turns on as soon as the TV panel becomes active, very very strange and cannot work out why. (This was not an issue when I had it hooked up to my dads plasma via VGA cable) so seems to be a tv issue? P.S. Don't believe the revo has a built in IR receiver but have looked in the bios anyway and can't find anything.

Thanks for all the help, the main one I really want fixed is the green button issue as pressing back to navigate through a plethora of menus is rather irritating!

Cheers
    Phil :)

Nonciazzecco

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 3, 2010
    Milano
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Ciao, I have the same issue with the green button.
    If I enable the WMC service it correctly launch the microsoft media center. But it does not works with Mediaportal. Its a shame MP is a great program but the main issue I had were related with the remotes.

Hope somebody will help us
    Ciao

Nonciazzecco

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 3, 2010
    Milano
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Sure I will, i am wondering if that significant... in order to test the green button, MP has not to be running. So which logs and when should I collect them?
    I am not an expert but when I push the green button I see only the w7 desktop and when i push the green button on the remote nothing happens... Does it make sense?

Coap

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    Sure I will, i am wondering if that significant... in order to test the green button, MP has not to be running. So which logs and when should I collect them?
    I am not an expert but when I push the green button I see only the w7 desktop and when i push the green button on the remote nothing happens... Does it make sense?

Coap
    there is an mptray.log file which could be of help.

Anyway if running Windows7 have you checked that the media centre services are not running (have a look at the "additional 3rd party checks" tab in config app. Also have you rebooted after making any changes?

Finally are you using an official MCE remote or a different one?

wonkyd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Home Country
    phil said:
    Issue 1 (Major) : My remote control (Shape Fractal Remote) is working fine except for the green MCE button. It was working (switching to home screen) but was also opening Windows Media Centre so i disabled the MCE service in Windows 7 and now it does nothing. Can't work out why at all. I have tried installing MPTray (the Win 7 updated version) but still no change to the behaviour. (On the desktop, if I press the MCE button, i get the loading cursor for 1 second which then disappears - i assume as it tries to load Windows media centre and it is blocked)

have you enabled Media Centre remotes in the media portal configuration? It's in the remotes section. I think it's a check box along the lines of "use mce (or might say media center) remote"

PhilUK

Portal Member
    March 27, 2010
    Home Country
    All running on Acer Revo 3600

Updated Specs
    MediaPortal Version: 1.1.0 RC4
    MediaPortal Skin: Black Glass 2.5
    Memory: 3Gb
    Video Card: Nvidia Ion
    1. TV Card: kworld 399-U
    1. TV Card Type: USB
    1. TV Card Driver: Updated to latest drivers, far more stable!

Hi again sorry for the lack of updates but I've been in the middle of my MSc exams, 9 exams in 6 weeks + MediaPortal is too much! I have managed to solve Issue 2 (Upgraded the RAM to 3Gb) and Issue 3 (I uninstalled previous RC3 and did a full reinstall of MediaPortal 1.1.0 RC4)

Issue 1 (Major) : My remote control (Shape Fractal Remote) is working fine except for the green MCE button. It was working (switching to home screen) but was also opening Windows Media Centre so i disabled the MCE service in Windows 7 and now it does nothing.

I am still suffering from this issue. I'm sure it must something to do with MP/Windows clash of opinions lol. The green button worked fine to focus on the home page when Windows Media Centre was active but obviously opened WMC over the top of MP. Disabling the WMC service using MP Config and activating MPTray on startup causes the green button not to function at all. On the desktop, pressing the green button causes the loading animation over the mouse for about 0.5secs but nothing else. Which logs will be useful here?

Issue 4 (Minor/Major): Very oddly, whenever I turn on my TV from standby (the actual TV) the IR receiver box for my remote becomes 'partially active'. The IR receiver light is constantly on and causes the remote not to be able to send any signal to MP. This fortunately only lasts for about 5 minutes and then works fine. I think it must be an issue with the TV??

Still no idea with this, have fiddled with all the settings I can think of on the TV and no change, think i'll have to live with it...

phil said:

have you enabled Media Centre remotes in the media portal configuration? It's in the remotes section. I think it's a check box along the lines of "use mce (or might say media center) remote"

Surely if I am using the Shape Fractal remote I don't tick the MCE remote checkbox. I have ticked the Scenio Remote box which is identical to the one I am using instead.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Thanks
    Phil

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom