Help us improving the tv /radio configuration (2 Viewers)

Maschine

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 15, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi, me again,

maybe it's a stupid question, but why is this only for analog TV? I don't see a reason why we/you can't do the same for DVB (DVB-T in my case). Or is this just the first step and digital comes when analog is nearly finished?

Enlighten me please ;-)

Maschine

T

totally.kitten

Is the Channel Number the physical Air Channel number or.. the channel number for Viewing...

A

Anonymous

I would like also like an answer to why Analog TV (the past) is the main focus instead of Digital TV which is the future.

Given that for many people the only cost effective way to access HDTV, given the cost of HD televisions and set-top boxes, is by purchasing a HDTV card for their computer. There is a massive demand out there which is just waiting to be filled and the only way media portal is going survive the onslaught of mce is if it leads the way instead of playing around in the past.

Frodo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I would like also like an answer to why Analog TV (the past) is the main focus instead of Digital TV which is the future.
    who said that?
    i think if you look at the things we have been doing then you will see that we spend a lot of effort to digital tv?
    Reason for this call to post your analog channels is that setting up analog tv is pretty hard for most people. With digital tv you can scan for channels and it finds all channels names, channels & frequencies automaticly , but for analog tv this cannot be done. Thats why we want to help those users by letting them simply choose there country & city and let mp do the rest
    frodo

A

Anonymous

With digital tv you can scan for channels and it finds all channels names, channels & frequencies automaticly

If only this were true (sigh).

Then MP wouldn't need the rather nasty looking page for the entry of digital channel settings.

dfbb

Portal Pro
    January 27, 2005
    Gelderland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Added TV and Radio-frequencies of:

Provider: Stichting Kabeltelevisie Huissen (SKH)
    Place: Huissen

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom