Help with recorded file names (1 Viewer)

dimakatchalo

Portal Member
January 3, 2007
Melbourne
Home Country
Hey guys, my first post - so a big :D to all the devs, testers, etc - I'm using MP (mostly) without problems and it is an awesome piece of software - can't believe that its free!

now for my question - atm I record tv via MP as a dvr-ms file. Then at 3am each day, I run an awesome piece of software called "crunchie" to compress those huge dvr-ms files into xvids, which are about 1/10 the size.

my problem is MP's file name format for recorded TV. Crunchie only accepts one filename format - that used by MCE (i.e. The Simpsons_07_03_2007_19_00_00.dvr-ms). MP, however, uses a slightly different format - it does not use any extra zeroes in the filename if it doesnt have to, so the above example will be recorded by MP as "The Simpsons_7_3_2007_19_0.dvr-ms". If crunchie does not see the date and time of the file EXACTLY as what it expects, it will not organise my xvid files upon conversion.

I played around with the "Custom Paths and Filenames" section in MP config but to no avail. I managed to add the trailing "00" to the end of the file, but if a show is recorded at 7am on 5/3/2007, the format will not be recognised by crunchie as it does not have the extra padding of zeroes around the time, day and month.

Any suggestions on how I can change MP's naming convention so that it always outputs the date and time as dd_mm_yyyy_hh_mm_ss? I noticed that the TV guide contains the full date string, hence it must be MP's tv guide parser that strips all the unnecessary zeros.

Alternatively, can anyone suggest a freeware renaming utility / script to rename all the files (i.e. put in extra zeroes where required) prior to the files being processed by crunchie? I am currently renaming all my recordings by hand prior to going to bed, which is a pain in the butt!

Any help will be much appreciated!

I'm running 0.2.2.0 w/latest SVN & TV Engine 0.2. Didnt fill in support template/system info coz didnt think its required in my case.

:D

dimakatchalo

Portal Member
January 3, 2007
Melbourne
Home Country
Thanks Ralph.

I may contact the crunchie dev and I have looked through the threads you mentioned - those threads mentions the same thing Im doing now. They have the same process (i.e. MP records file, crunchie processes it) however neglect to mention that MP generates a different filename to what crunchie expects.

hmm - im thinking a bat file/script can fix this issue... it just needs to do the following: a) measure number of chars after each "_" in the file name. if the number of chars is <2, then it will need to insert a zero before the char and move onto the next part of the file name until it hits the extension.

Any ideas?:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom