Help with TV server / Tuners (1 Viewer)

Fredrik Engsmar

August 31, 2015
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hello
None off my Tv Tuner cards is working.
I have the following cards that is not working

Hauppage WinTV-7164 Analog Card - When i try this one i get up the following error message " The graph building. Mostly your card is not supported by TvServer. Please create a report in our forum"

Analog 7231 BDA Analog Tv Tuner - Unable to Scann "Please Install a supported audio/Video encoder for your software analog card"

Hauppage WinTV PVR PCI II - " The graph building. Mostly your card is not supported by TvServer. Please create a report in our forum"

What im doing wrong hear i have been looking and i can´t find any good solution to my problems i hope that some one have a good ide where to start looking.
And all the cards has been working on this computer under WMS and still going strong in WMC.

//Fredrik

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello and welcome Fredrik :)

Are you using MediaPortal 1 or MediaPortal 2?
    Have you closed and disabled WMC before starting your testing with MediaPortal?

Regards,
    mm

Fredrik Engsmar

August 31, 2015
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hello
    I it is MediaPortal 2 and i have colsed and WMC and i have dissable the service "Windows Media Center Reciver Service" is there any thing more that i have to do to make this work?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    it is MediaPortal 2
    Okay, I thought it might be.

MediaPortal 2 is a work in progress. There are known problems with TV support in the latest release, including problems with analog tuner support. If you insist that you want to use MediaPortal 2 (instead of MediaPortal 1, which most people are using) then I recommend you uninstall what you have and reinstall with the latest snapshot:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/mediaportal-2-sr15-update-1-snapshot-2015-08-03.131533/

That should enable your Hauppauge 7164 (HVR-22xx???) to work.
    If you want the other 2 tuners to work, you will probably need to install software encoders.

Regards,
    mm
    P.S. This section of the forum is for questions about MediaPortal 1. I will move this thread to a section for MediaPortal 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom