Help with TV setup (3 Viewers)

Old school Bob

August 13, 2020
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I really appreciate your help.

The first problem I see is under servers I only get my network name - Bob-PC. Your picture shows (I guess) your IP address. That might be my first problem.

Thanks

Bob
mp 1.JPG

TLD

Portal Pro
October 26, 2007
Rainy Washington
Home Country
Bob-PC is the name of your computer it's the "Host" name and will work as well as an IP address.
Change the "Clear QAM Cable" to "Clear QAM Standard" and scan.
If that doesn't work try again with the number 4 card on the left and the "Clear QAM Cable" set to "Clear QAM Standard"

Old school Bob

August 13, 2020
Home Country
Maybe we're on the right track. Does this look right?

Again it really takes a long time to scan. I had to shut it off but tomorrow I try again.

mp 2.JPG

TLD

Portal Pro
October 26, 2007
Rainy Washington
Home Country
Some of those channels should be showing a "signal level" and "signal quality" bar and when you are done scanning they should show up in the "TV Channels" section of the "TV server setup", Then you can map the channels to your TV card and also Preview the channel in the TV server setup program, until you get a channel preview in the TV channels section, The Mediaportal client will not have any TV, all the work is done by the TV server.

Old school Bob

August 13, 2020
Home Country
Something else I noticed on pic 1 you show Country : United States. I don't get that page - how can I get it?

Thanks

Bob

TLD

Portal Pro
October 26, 2007
Rainy Washington
Home Country
The reason the Hauppauge Win TV device shows up twice it the TV server is because the device has 2 tuners built in it, so you will be able to record one channel on one tuner and watch another channel on the other tuner.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The reason the Hauppauge Win TV device shows up twice it the TV server is because the device has 2 tuners built in it, so you will be able to record one channel on one tuner and watch another channel on the other tuner.
    Just wanted to say that it is not necessary to scan both tuners, once the first one is done you can go to TV Server Config./TV Channels/TV Mapping and simply select the available channels and map them to the 2nd tuner as shown in the screenshot below.

tv.jpg.

Last edited:

Old school Bob

August 13, 2020
    Home Country
    Some of those channels should be showing a "signal level" and "signal quality" bar

I don't see "signal level" or "signal quality". Should it be in the "status" box? All I get is what's shown in the photo above. Unless I'm looking in the wrong place.

Thanks

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    Home Country
    Look at the screen shot you posted the "signal level" and "signal quality" bar are there.
    Did you ever finish a scan and is there any channels in the "TV Channels" section.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom