HEVC 10 bit washed out colours

Discussion in 'Codecs, External Players' started by Man Pang, October 1, 2018.

1. Man Pang

Man Pang Portal Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 2
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    This appears to be ubiquitous and I gather that some users overcome the issue of washed out colours from 10 bit video by configuring the renderer to use MadVR. While using MadVR as the renderer, I still don't see the rich vivid colours that appear when using VLC or PowerDVD as the player. Even when using the Cyberlink CODECs from PowerDVD (within Mediaportal 1), the colours are still washed out, yet they are rich and vivid in PowerDVD. As a workaround, I could instruct Mediaportal to play video within VLC but would rather have this issue solved using the Mediaportal's internal player. Does anybody have any solution to this problem. Thanks in advance.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. joecrow
    • Team MediaPortal

joecrow Test Group

Ratings:
    +1,134 / 2
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    I'm sure I saw very much the same question elsewhere, probably in the madvr section of the Doom9 forum but that one is so active I can no longer find it:eek:. From memory the solution was a setting in the hdr section of madvr, see the attached screenshot. Please note that the screenshot shows the latest version 0.92.17 which includes a clearer description of those settings which I believe was also the help the issue. Suggest you download the latest madvr and have a play with those hdr settings.:)
    madvr.jpg

4. Man Pang

Man Pang Portal Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 2
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I have used MadVr with the setting to allow MadVR to decide on how to perform the conversion but the colours are still very pale. I also used the setting to enable me to specify 3dlut files and again, absolute no effect. I tried this on 3 different computers - one with AMD Vega graphic (AMD 2600G) and the other 2 with Intel Kaby Lake graphics. What I cannot understand is why PowerDVD shows rich and vibrant colours, yet the PowerDVD CODECs within Mediaportal result in pale and washed out colours.

5. azzuro
    • Team MediaPortal

azzuro Test Group

technician HVAC
    Ratings:
    +3,881 / 13
    Home Country:
    France France
    Show System Specs

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!