Hi-Res Backdrop Exchange! (1 Viewer)

Kossan

Portal Pro
August 11, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden

I see they changed it abit but you dont have to pay. Just read.

"We've recently changed how cover credit is earned. You will find more answers in the forum. Basiaclly, credit is earned by uploading covers, and when users download your cover, you get .3 credits per download--that can add up quickly with the memberbase. You also earn credit by being active in the forum. Post, reply, etc. All earn you fractions of credits that will also add up quickly over time. We hope you enjoy your stay, and help the community grow."

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark

"We've recently changed how cover credit is earned. You will find more answers in the forum. Basiaclly, credit is earned by uploading covers, and when users download your cover, you get .3 credits per download--that can add up quickly with the memberbase. You also earn credit by being active in the forum. Post, reply, etc. All earn you fractions of credits that will also add up quickly over time. We hope you enjoy your stay, and help the community grow."

If you don't upload you have to pay. I have always hated people that takes money for someone elses work.

Kossan

Portal Pro
    August 11, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    you have to pay for this??? :mad:

If you don't upload you have to pay. I have always hated people that takes money for someone elses work.

Nobody force you to pay.
    And i guess the money mostly goes to hosting.

And i guess its OK for you to take someone else work without pay, or is all the backdrop picture no-licensed images?

dingo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 2, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Thanks. Never knew R1DB had a backdrop section :) And when it comes to payments.. There is quite alot of server load going on there and it would be sad if the ones that makes the images would have to pay us for downloading their nice work :) It isn't that much it costs if you don't want to contribute with art :D

dir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    Why build servers that force you to charge customers when there are so many alternatives nowadays?
    Why not just have images available as torrents, or use file sharing sites?

It's a nice business model, but at the end of the day you end up with a huge amount of infrastructure that requires constant maintenance and upgrades, and a declining user base and income unless it takes off - which is doubtful when there are so many free alternatives.

dir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    Can someone help out a clueless person - I simply can't work out how to get MegaUpload to work.

Step 1: I click on the link provided. It takes me to a screen as shown below ("1")

Step 2: I enter the 3-letter code and press "Download". It takes me to the screen shown ("2).

Note that there's a countdown timer under the "Free" column, and an orange download link above the column.
    If I happen to try clicking that link, I simply return to the 3-letter code screen and am asked to enter a different 3-letter code.

Step 3: After the countdown timer has reached zero, it disappears. Nothing else on the screen changed. NOTHING.
    (see image "3"). The only thing is that same orange download link, which if I click it, it takes me (as I said) to the previous screen - see image "4").

All other links on the page appear to be related to me buying or signing up. I have no intention of doing either. All other file sharing sites don't require this.

What am I doing wrong? Assuming that I am not going to sign up to this website, can I actually download the file, and if not, why do people use MegaUpload instead of all the others that don't insist on this and annoy people?

Attachments

• 1.JPG
      1.JPG
      74.4 KB
    • 2.JPG
      2.JPG
      106.9 KB
    • 3.JPG
      3.JPG
      99.9 KB
    • 4.JPG
      4.JPG
      72.7 KB

whatisk

Portal Pro
    May 21, 2007
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Step 3: After the countdown timer has reached zero, it disappears. Nothing else on the screen changed.

When the countdown reaches zero, where the timer was, it should change to a button that says 'free download' (as in screenshot).

When I tried just then, when I first entered the 3 letter code, it then asked for another one again before doing the timer...

Attachments

• screen.JPG
      screen.JPG
      144.5 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom