Hibernate button instead of shutdown? (1 Viewer)

adam_purkis

Portal Pro
May 10, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi.. On the normal extended home page, theres the hidden menu that you can see when you press 'right'. At the bottom of there is a shutdown key, with the action '99' to shutdown your computer. I'm wondering if it's possible to change this to hibernate instead of shutdown? I have looked through the action list that i could find on the forum though and found nothing for standby or hibernate, only the one used for shutdown.

Is this not possible? Or am i just being stupid?

:D

Anthrax

Portal Pro
February 15, 2007
pretty much in the center
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi adam_purkis,

try setting the shutdown/hibernate behaviour within your OS (XP/Vista/7)...
If my memory serves me right you are able to decide what the system should do when i.e. the case power switch or the hibernate/standby switch is pressed (shutdown, standby, hibernate, ask, etc.)
on my mce remote for instance the shutdown pc button behaves exactly like the case button...

regards,
Anthrax

adam_purkis

Portal Pro
May 10, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
so if i change my 'what happens on pressing power button' to hibernate, then mediaportal will hibernate when pressing shutdown?

dir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    No, I don't think that will work.

Also, is anyone else confused about how this menu has "Restart MediaPortal" yet it actually reboots the PC? Shouldn't this be "Restart PC" or something similar?

Quite often I need to restart MP but I don't need to reboot the box.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom