[Finished] HID Profiles (2 Viewers)

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    MP1 can now be installed with multiple HID profiles.
    Users can themselves customize multiple HID profiles.
    See MP1-4766.

Try it out: http://tinyurl.com/zdrjrab
    @Developers @Testers If you guys fancy testing that. Existing custom configuration should not be lost.

upload_2016-2-11_10-14-17.png

Last edited:

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Excellent! :)
    Glad you like it.

But could this be extended to all of the tabs in the "Remotes and Input Devices" section?
    It could indeed, though probably not by my doing. HID already has a specific mapping implementation so it would require extra effort.
    Besides most of the other devices should also work just as well through a combination of HID and keyboard mapping rather than using a specific implementation.
    The idea is that, at some point, keyboard and HID handling are unified too, thus providing better support for those weird remotes sending keyboard shortcuts.
    You will also find that the current HID implementation can provide support for the vast majority of devices which are still using some of our other handlers providing that someone spends time and effort investigating and comes up with a specific configuration for those devices.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    planning to push this to master any time now
    Team policy is no new features in a final release. So, you need to at least wait until after MP 1.14 final is released.

I would add that the fact that only one person has provided feedback makes me quite nervous. HID support is critical for MCE remotes. As such, any changes need to be well tested. We don't even know how many people have tried your installer...

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    HID support is critical for MCE remotes.
    I would know that, thanks for the kind reminder though :)

@Testers @Developers
    I'm going to merge this feature on master now that we have secure our release.
    There will be plenty of time to test it further, fix it or revert it, if really needed, until next release.

Next up for me is Kinect Voice Control.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I'm going to merge this feature on master now that we have secure our release.
    When the team started out with GIT, the criteria for merging was that the change had to be well tested before merging. ;)

There will be plenty of time to test it further, fix it or revert it, if really needed, until next release.
    What will you do if no additional feedback is received before the next release?

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    When the team started out with GIT, the criteria for merging was that the change had to be well tested before merging. ;)

Actually I just a found a bug that needs fixing :)

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    What will you do if no additional feedback is received before the next release?
    I would just assume it works then as people get quite vocal when I break their remote usually.

Actually I just a found a bug that needs fixing :)
    Fixed that one and updated installer.
    Could at least one of our @Testers or @Developers give those changes a go.
    Any custom mapping you may have should not get lost in the process. The installer is basically MP 1.14 with those changes on top.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom