Home button on remote brings me to MyHome instead of BasicHome (1 Viewer)

CanadianEh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 21, 2011
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hi all,

I'm new to StreamedMP and love it, however whenever I hit the home button on my remote, it changes from my customized menu structure to what I think is the "MyHome" menu. Is there an easy way to stop this from happening? My searches haven't found anything :(

Thanks!

MrCrabs

Portal Pro
    January 21, 2010
    Braunschweig
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I don't use streamedMP but in MPconfig there is the option to choose which screen should be preferred or you can even deactivate one of the home screens. It's in the section where you can choose your skin.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Open up MP Config -> GUI. On the bottom you'll find the 'Home Screen' settings.

Here you can select to use only 1 menu (Classic or Basic), or use both and set 1 as preferred.

2cfsd4y.jpg

CanadianEh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 21, 2011
    Home Country
    Thank you, all.

Unfortunately, this still isn't working for my setup. If I set the value above to "only classic home", it will start MediaPortal 1.2.2 with the StreamedMP Classic home page, and as expected, pressing "HOME" on my remote, brings me back to the "Classic home".

If I set the value to "only Basic Home", Mediaportal launches with the StreamedMP Classic Home menu, however if I hit the "HOME" button on my remote control, it still brings me back to the "classic home" of StreamedMP.

Here's some details on my config that might be helpful:

Mediaportal 1.2.2
    StreamedMP GUI (latest version)

Remote control is configured using the USBUIRT settings available under the ADVANCED menu of MPConfig. The "HOME" button on my remote is set to the "Go to My Home" function in the USBUIRT config screen.

I'm wondering if this might actually be a bug in the USBUIRT configuration code?

nfox

Portal Pro
    August 22, 2006
    London
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I think I had this problem a while ago, and I think I know how I fixed it: change the mapping for your Home button to go to "Second Home" instead of "Home". Hopefully I have managed to attach a screencap which will explain it better.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
      Capture.PNG
      63.7 KB

CanadianEh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 21, 2011
    Home Country
    Well, I see where you're configuring your remote, however I am using the advanced settings - USBIURT - Learn Command workflow below, which may be part of the issue. Perhaps the code behind the "My home" function here is hard-coded to "Classic"?? I configured my remote using this mode, so I do not have to use the IRSS application - this seemed much simpler.

usbuirt.png
    usbuirt2.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom