How are we supposed to handle DVD-extras? (1 Viewer)

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    What would this accomplish? I mean what do u expect to happen if you named your episodes SeriesName_S01Ex01 (which u can already do if u want, btw)? What are u hoping to have happen?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I've recently been asking this same question. I searched and this is the most recent thread I was able to find. Please let me know if there is more up to date info.

Instead of putting them in season 0 or putting extra at the end, would it be possible to just have it recognize a new token such as Ex?

For example this is how I name my episodes. SeriesName_S01E01
    So extras would become. SeriesName_S01Ex01

Just add them as SeriesName_S01E9901 then or some, some high number that will never become an actual episode number and then either accept them as-is without info, or use the MP-TVSeries config to add your own data. TheTVdB rules only accept actual `aired` material as published in some TV Guide.

Also be sure to 'star' the following issues that relate to a better workaround for this issue:

NFO support = http://code.google.com/p/mptvseries/issues/detail?id=272
    Metadata support for artwork+details = http://code.google.com/p/mptvseries/issues/detail?id=280
    TheTVdB ZIP support = http://code.google.com/p/mptvseries/issues/detail?id=548

Enjoy.

Lehm

Portal Member
    September 13, 2009
    What would this accomplish? I mean what do u expect to happen if you named your episodes SeriesName_S01Ex01 (which u can already do if u want, btw)? What are u hoping to have happen?

True should have clarified, that it would be nice if the plugin supported extra's, and would put it in the list with the episodes (at the bottom?), but understand it's an additional video and not to look for infomation on it.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    maybe tvseries could be set to allow for SXXE#XX , where # denotates an episode that has no online data

eg.

Seinfeld_-_S00E#01_-_DVD_Outtakes.avi ; Would be displayed under Season 0 , after any existing special episodes and wouldn't attempt any online match

Seinfeld_-_S01E#01_-_Bloopers_From_Season_1 ; Would be displayed under Season 1 , after any existing parsed episodes

Last edited:

Lehm

Portal Member
    September 13, 2009
    Ya, thats easy... just name them with a real high number... like RoChess said

I suppose that works. It just feels like kind of a hack. It would be nice if xtra's were properly supported, but sounds like I might be in the minority on them. Plus I suppose to really support them a new database would be needed as thetvdb does not allow them.

tamvegas

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2008
    Las Vegas, NV
    Home Country
    Don't know if this will help, but I put all the extras not in the tvdb database into a series folder in my video directory and just use the video section of mp for them.

the1

Portal Pro
    February 8, 2009
    Home Country
    You can just name them Season 0 Episode (random number) and it should import fine under extras
    I personally use Season 0 Episode <Seasonnumber> + 2 digit incremental number, so for instance, extras from Season 3 would be:
    Showname - S0E301 - Delete Scenes Part 1.avi
    Showname - S0E302 - Interview with hot chick.avi

(The ep title will get picked up, and they will show up under specials. If you want them inlined into the seasons you can also manually set the respective fields in the database (actually they might be locked, im not entirely sure, I personally don't care much TBH))

I formatted my titles like that and the title did not get picked up. It just lists it as the episode number i wrote, So they all say Episode 606, Episode 607 etc

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    @the1, it only works on non-defined seasons/episodes at TheTVdB, otherwise the temporary placeholder is just "Episode ###". Without you providing actual examples of what you are having trouble with, or log files showing everything in detail, nobody will be able to reproduce, and therefore can not provide any more assistance.

borgster

Portal Member
    November 15, 2013
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Home Country
    Personally, from a user and programmer point of view the most simple implementation would be to have the program default to reading an NFO file if the episode isn't present. Course that's just my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom