How are we supposed to handle DVD-extras? | Page 2

Discussion in 'My TVSeries' started by zicoz, June 8, 2011.

1. Lyfesaver74
    • Team MediaPortal

Lyfesaver74 Public Relations

Ratings:
    +1,093 / 3
    Home Country:
    United States of America United States of America
    Show System Specs
    What would this accomplish? I mean what do u expect to happen if you named your episodes SeriesName_S01Ex01 (which u can already do if u want, btw)? What are u hoping to have happen?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. RoChess
    • Premium Supporter

RoChess Extension Developer

Ratings:
    +1,712 / 2
    Just add them as SeriesName_S01E9901 then or some, some high number that will never become an actual episode number and then either accept them as-is without info, or use the MP-TVSeries config to add your own data. TheTVdB rules only accept actual `aired` material as published in some TV Guide.

Also be sure to 'star' the following issues that relate to a better workaround for this issue:

NFO support = http://code.google.com/p/mptvseries/issues/detail?id=272
    Metadata support for artwork+details = http://code.google.com/p/mptvseries/issues/detail?id=280
    TheTVdB ZIP support = http://code.google.com/p/mptvseries/issues/detail?id=548

Enjoy.

4. Lehm

Lehm Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    True should have clarified, that it would be nice if the plugin supported extra's, and would put it in the list with the episodes (at the bottom?), but understand it's an additional video and not to look for infomation on it.

5. Lyfesaver74
    • Team MediaPortal

Lyfesaver74 Public Relations

Ratings:
    +1,093 / 3
    Home Country:
    Show System Specs
    Ya, thats easy... just name them with a real high number... like RoChess said

6. kiwijunglist
    • Team MediaPortal

kiwijunglist Super Moderator

Doctor
    Ratings:
    +1,849 / 9
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Show System Specs
    maybe tvseries could be set to allow for SXXE#XX , where # denotates an episode that has no online data

eg.

Seinfeld_-_S00E#01_-_DVD_Outtakes.avi ; Would be displayed under Season 0 , after any existing special episodes and wouldn't attempt any online match

Seinfeld_-_S01E#01_-_Bloopers_From_Season_1 ; Would be displayed under Season 1 , after any existing parsed episodes

Last edited: September 25, 2012
  7. Lehm

Lehm Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I suppose that works. It just feels like kind of a hack. It would be nice if xtra's were properly supported, but sounds like I might be in the minority on them. Plus I suppose to really support them a new database would be needed as thetvdb does not allow them.

8. tamvegas
    • Premium Supporter

tamvegas MP Donator

Ratings:
    +30 / 1
    Home Country:
    Don't know if this will help, but I put all the extras not in the tvdb database into a series folder in my video directory and just use the video section of mp for them.

9. the1

the1 Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +3 / 2
    Home Country:
    I formatted my titles like that and the title did not get picked up. It just lists it as the episode number i wrote, So they all say Episode 606, Episode 607 etc

10. RoChess
    • Premium Supporter

RoChess Extension Developer

Ratings:
    +1,712 / 2
    @the1, it only works on non-defined seasons/episodes at TheTVdB, otherwise the temporary placeholder is just "Episode ###". Without you providing actual examples of what you are having trouble with, or log files showing everything in detail, nobody will be able to reproduce, and therefore can not provide any more assistance.

11. borgster

borgster Portal Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Home Country:
    Personally, from a user and programmer point of view the most simple implementation would be to have the program default to reading an NFO file if the episode isn't present. Course that's just my opinion.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!