How can I add some site to Online Video Plugin ? (1 Viewer)

Entdecker

Portal Pro
May 28, 2014
Home Country
Germany Germany
Dear all,
I have a question to "online Video Plugin".

I would like add some Site to this plugin. The reason is some german site are not updated regularly (example: Onlinestream from German TV Programms,ard, zdf ... ) to fix this problem I would like add this site to Onlinevideo by my self.

I found in the englisch MediaPortal Forum following Information unfortunaly it do not work anymore:

Online Videos

OnlineVideos FAQ

Can some one tell me it is currently possible to add to some own site in "online Video Plugin" and when yes. How can I add some Videostreams to "online Video Plugin"

Thank you for your help!

Entdecker

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Entdecker Good luck with this, hope you can get them working. Most of the live streams are reported as broken and have not worked for ages if not years, very sad that I can get non German live content more reliably than German.:(
    Hope you can get some OV advice also the Wiki and FAQ does not look like much help:eek:, need step by step.

Entdecker

Portal Pro
    May 28, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thank you for your replays. After on week now I am not sure I get some helpfull hints and tricks in thte future. First time I hope I have more chance to get some advice in english MediaPortal forum for this problem because the most developer can speak englisch.

The second problem is the most old MediaPortal Forums messages in german and englisch MediaPortal forums has no answer to this question :(

At next I will try to ask the developner directly and I will write a short message in german Forum. More chance I think I have not.

@doskabouter
    I try it and it was not successfull. Maybe I make some wrong because the hints and tricks are not very detailed for a normal MediaPortal user.

Currently I think the Information on at OnlineVideos FAQ are old. Because I have never found a positive response in MediaPortal forum to similary question.

When I found some new Information I will write it here .

best regards,

Entdecker

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Ok, thanks for the update.

As far as I know, the steps described in that message in the faq should still work, and if not, perhaps it should be clarified or fixed somehow.
    Are you able to describe what you did, and if you got any error messages?
    perhaps @offbyone can say if that post is still valid? He's a native german, but one without a lot of spare time, but you might get an answer from him...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom