How can I manually browse a folder and play a video file in it? (2 Viewers)

DragonQ

Portal Pro
August 30, 2011
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi, I use and love StreamedMP but whilst it's fantastic for TV series and films, it's useless for sports (presumably because sports don't feature on IMDb).

So I'd like to be able to browse my sports folder to manually select video files to play. How can I do this with StreamedMP?

Thanks!

DragonQ

Portal Pro
August 30, 2011
Home Country
Could you be more specific please? I added "Videos" to the StreamedMP menu and in MP config I added my sports folder to the "Videos" section, but when I clicked on it on the MP menu, the menu slid away and then just reappeared.

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    hi, well you talk her abut 2 defrent things , 1 - my videos button in basichome , witch you need to fix in basichome editor.
    2- in my videos ,use share view to view your sport file's ... :)

DragonQ

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2011
    Home Country
    Hmm I think I've already done that. I've added the right folder to the "Video Folders":

MP Config - Video Folders.png

And I've got "Videos" on my StreamedMP main menu:

StreamedMP - Videos.png

But when I start MP click on "WATCH YOUR VIDEOS", I just get chucked back to the main MP menu. I also cannot find where the option for "Share view", where is that?

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    try to get in to videos from my home , to see my videos plugin screen ... in there go to hiding menu and select switch view ... to share view ... see screen...

my videos share view act as file browse ...

maybe try it first in default skin ...

Attachments

• 00-03-29.jpg
      00-03-29.jpg
      120.9 KB

DragonQ

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2011
    Home Country
    I can't get to Videos, even with the default skin. Just stays on the main menu. :(

Pictures does the same actually.

EDIT: Aaaargh, I'm an idiot - I'd disabled the Videos plugin to try to make MP start faster a while back. Turned it on again and it seems to be working fine. Thanks very much for the info!

Last edited:

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    :) . did not thought abut that ... :rolleyes: but good to know all is good :D

F

fred3650

Hi folks,

I have also a question regarding to browse files and / or folders in the "My Videos" plugin.

I have defined more than one video folders in the Mediaportal configuration:
    1. Music Videos
    2. Documentary
    3. Skateboard-Videos
    4. New Downloads
    Is it possible to create a menu - better a submenu - pointing to each of this folders? In other words: For each folder I would like to have single menu-item.

Thanks for help and many many thanks for this great skin!
    Fred

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom