How Do I Connect aMPdroid to MP2 Server?

Discussion in 'General' started by RalyDaly28, March 12, 2016.

1. RalyDaly28

RalyDaly28 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    United States of America United States of America
    I lost media center with the Windows 10 udpate and I badly wanted to get something that would allow me to use the view and record TV functions from my Android tablet. Several sites recommended MediaPortal. When I got to the MP site it recommended downloading MP2. So I download and installed MP2 only to find out that the documentation to configure a client-server mixed architecture lists the steps as "step 1, step 2, step 3" with no actual information on what to do during those steps and there is no mention about aMPdroid which says to come to this site. The client-server on the same box is working fine. But, I can't figure out how to configure the server to enable the aMPdroid client or configure the client to connect to a server. I have set IP addresses, MAC addresses and ports to no avail. The dialog on aMPdroid implies I need to define a separate user login for my server where it requests user/pwd configuration for authentication but there is no setting like that in MP2 that I can see on the config tool. If there is some hint in documentation other than that on the MP2 site that would give me a fighting chance to setup the client/server functions that would be great. Sorry to bug you guys here but I can't find any other way to get the info.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. FreakyJ
    • Team MediaPortal

FreakyJ Development Group

Ratings:
    +1,424 / 1
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Ampdroid works with mpextended and wifiremote. These plugins were originally coded for MP1.
    I started to write the same functionality for MP2. But there are some holdbacks currently... so I would recommend that you stick with MP1 if you would like to use this :)

4. RalyDaly28

RalyDaly28 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    United States of America United States of America
    Thanks for letting me know.

5. Suburban

Suburban Portal Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    Home Country:
    Sweden Sweden
    Show System Specs
    Hi! Im a user of MP1.12. I have one server and 2 clients, and several Andriod tablets/smartphones using aMPdroid. It works quite well.
    Im ready to try out MP2, but need to know if my setup described is working smoothly in MP2, (no workarounds please).
    If its not. Is there a timeline for this?

6. MrTechno
    • Team MediaPortal

MrTechno Development Group

Ratings:
    +515 / 1
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Show System Specs
    aMPdroid depends on MPExtended which is not available for MP2 yet. No timeline, probably in the next few months. @FreakyJ and @henso may know.

7. Suburban

Suburban Portal Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    Home Country:
    Sweden Sweden
    Show System Specs
    Thanks for your reply. Does anyone know if aMPpDroid still "lives"? aMPDroid and OnlineVideos is both one of the best plugins for my family-situation setup of MP, and they both needs some improvement of functionality.

8. regeszter
    • Team MediaPortal

regeszter Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +5,151 / 18
    Home Country:
    Hungary Hungary
    Did you try the MPTvScheduler?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!