How Do I Connect aMPdroid to MP2 Server? (1 Viewer)

RalyDaly28

March 6, 2016
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I lost media center with the Windows 10 udpate and I badly wanted to get something that would allow me to use the view and record TV functions from my Android tablet. Several sites recommended MediaPortal. When I got to the MP site it recommended downloading MP2. So I download and installed MP2 only to find out that the documentation to configure a client-server mixed architecture lists the steps as "step 1, step 2, step 3" with no actual information on what to do during those steps and there is no mention about aMPdroid which says to come to this site. The client-server on the same box is working fine. But, I can't figure out how to configure the server to enable the aMPdroid client or configure the client to connect to a server. I have set IP addresses, MAC addresses and ports to no avail. The dialog on aMPdroid implies I need to define a separate user login for my server where it requests user/pwd configuration for authentication but there is no setting like that in MP2 that I can see on the config tool. If there is some hint in documentation other than that on the MP2 site that would give me a fighting chance to setup the client/server functions that would be great. Sorry to bug you guys here but I can't find any other way to get the info.

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ampdroid works with mpextended and wifiremote. These plugins were originally coded for MP1.
    I started to write the same functionality for MP2. But there are some holdbacks currently... so I would recommend that you stick with MP1 if you would like to use this :)

Suburban

Portal Member
    September 2, 2015
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi! Im a user of MP1.12. I have one server and 2 clients, and several Andriod tablets/smartphones using aMPdroid. It works quite well.
    Im ready to try out MP2, but need to know if my setup described is working smoothly in MP2, (no workarounds please).
    If its not. Is there a timeline for this?

MrTechno

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 27, 2011
    London
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    aMPdroid depends on MPExtended which is not available for MP2 yet. No timeline, probably in the next few months. @FreakyJ and @henso may know.

Suburban

Portal Member
    September 2, 2015
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Thanks for your reply. Does anyone know if aMPpDroid still "lives"? aMPDroid and OnlineVideos is both one of the best plugins for my family-situation setup of MP, and they both needs some improvement of functionality.

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Thanks for your reply. Does anyone know if aMPpDroid still "lives"? aMPDroid and OnlineVideos is both one of the best plugins for my family-situation setup of MP, and they both needs some improvement of functionality.

Did you try the MPTvScheduler?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom