How do I create a custom Web EPG Grabber File for the Denver, CO Market?

Discussion in 'General' started by twinlove69, January 18, 2016.

1. twinlove69
    • Premium Supporter

twinlove69 MP Donator

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    United States of America United States of America
    wiki is a bit confusing to me on this, seems overcomplicated on how to edit the grabber template.. To edit the supplied grabber template with your local channels and zipcode all you have to do is open it with Microsoft edge and click edit.
    Make necessary changes and save, works perfectly!
    The rest of the info in the wiki on finding channel id's at imdb works great, keep up the good work!
    Thanks, Joe.

Last edited: January 21, 2016
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. morpheus_xx
    • Team MediaPortal

morpheus_xx Lead Dev MP2

Ratings:
    +6,818 / 11
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    I only have time for a short answer:
    This is only the template, which will be extracted to "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\SlimTVCore\v3.0". In this folder you can add your custom grabber/tuning details a.s.o.
    The ProgramData folder is hidden by default, either change explorer settings to show hidden items, or paste the path into address bar.

4. twinlove69
    • Premium Supporter

twinlove69 MP Donator

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Solved, Please see next post!!! :) :D :)

Thank you Morpheus_xx!
    That part was easy enough, I really should have known that, only took a few seconds to unhide system files. :oops:

Thanks again!

Last edited: January 21, 2016
  5. twinlove69
    • Premium Supporter

twinlove69 MP Donator

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    I know you are working on your wiki, but if anyone else is having trouble customizing the grabber for webepg, all you have to do is open the supplied template with Microsoft edge and click on "edit".
    It will then switch automatically to notepad where you can make the necessary changes, then just click on file and save. It automatically saves back to .xml and works perfectly!
    I am attaching my working grabber, only three channels so far, but now that I know how I will add more channels as needed.

Attached Files:

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!