How do I create a custom Web EPG Grabber File for the Denver, CO Market? (1 Viewer)

twinlove69

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 18, 2016
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    wiki is a bit confusing to me on this, seems overcomplicated on how to edit the grabber template.. To edit the supplied grabber template with your local channels and zipcode all you have to do is open it with Microsoft edge and click edit.
    Make necessary changes and save, works perfectly!
    The rest of the info in the wiki on finding channel id's at imdb works great, keep up the good work!
    Thanks, Joe.

Last edited:

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I only have time for a short answer:
    I did not find the original .xml file where the wiki says, but instead in a compressed (zipped) folder here :C/program files(x86)/team media portal/MP2-Server/Plugins/SlimTV.Service3/Program Data.
    This is only the template, which will be extracted to "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\SlimTVCore\v3.0". In this folder you can add your custom grabber/tuning details a.s.o.
    The ProgramData folder is hidden by default, either change explorer settings to show hidden items, or paste the path into address bar.

twinlove69

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 18, 2016
    Home Country
    Solved, Please see next post!!! :) :D :)

Thank you Morpheus_xx!
    That part was easy enough, I really should have known that, only took a few seconds to unhide system files. :oops:

Thanks again!

Last edited:

twinlove69

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 18, 2016
    Home Country
    I know you are working on your wiki, but if anyone else is having trouble customizing the grabber for webepg, all you have to do is open the supplied template with Microsoft edge and click on "edit".
    It will then switch automatically to notepad where you can make the necessary changes, then just click on file and save. It automatically saves back to .xml and works perfectly!
    I am attaching my working grabber, only three channels so far, but now that I know how I will add more channels as needed.

Attachments

• www_imdb_com_80260_T.xml
      1.7 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom