How do i create a "import path" view ? (1 Viewer)

JoeSmith

Portal Pro
November 17, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi guys,

i'm having a small problem with mp-tvseries and here is my situation :

I like to watch shows in english as soon as they are available and so i'm importing english shows to tvseries. Later when these shows air in germany my girlfriend likes to see them as well.
Right now i have to different import foldes (..\tvseries\german & ..\tvseries\english) to serperate them and not completly loose oversight.
Importing and everything is fine as long as i don't import series that are available in german and english.
At that point i get two entries when i open the series (which is totally okay, since they are coming from different paths) but i have to guess which is the german and which is the english one (okay for me - girlfriend get pissed...) so i created a logo rule that displays a small countryflag. This is working fine.

To make the situation even better it would be really great if a "import path" View/Filter could be created that seperates series using the path. I know that some might now say that i should create manual views and add the series but that is only working for series that have one language, otherwise it will show the english title too. (i.e. we both love Big Bang Theory - i have both german and english episodes - if i add them to "german - filter" it will still show the english episodes ...).
So a filter like "import path 1" "import path 2" "import path x" and "all" would be great.

Or alternatively a filter that allows to search for keywords in the path would be even nicer ;-)

:D

Joe

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    I don't think you can create a view that splits by import path (like with genres for instance), because we don't have the import path in the db per file, we only have the full filepath, so how would you tell where to split.

What you can certainly do though is create two views, define them with a condition that episode.filename contains tvseries\german etc.

JoeSmith

Portal Pro
    November 17, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: How do i create a "import path" view ?

defining a view per import path would be fine.
    I just took a look at the view categorie but i didn't see how to define a condition for a new view.
    How can that be done ?

Thanks

Joe

psiebe

Portal Pro
    March 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Any update on this topic? It would be great if we would have the flexibility currently in moving pictures to define and or build dynamic views based on various criteria. I always forget to manually tag the series (also because you have to shutdown MP to go to the configuration options) Would be great if just dumping the files in a specific directory, or naming them in a certain way could make them appear in the view of your chosing

Patrick

JoeSmith

Portal Pro
    November 17, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

any updates ? i took a look at viewtemplates.cs and dbviews.cs - is that the place to look for adding/changing one of the templates. On a first look it doesn't seem too hard to change it if i were better in coding.
    There might not be a lot of people who watch original and dubbed series but in my opinion it would be a great enhancement.

Thanks

Joe

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Re: AW: How do i create a "import path" view ?

any updates ? i took a look at viewtemplates.cs and dbviews.cs - is that the place to look for adding/changing one of the templates. On a first look it doesn't seem too hard to change it if i were better in coding.
    There might not be a lot of people who watch original and dubbed series but in my opinion it would be a great enhancement.

Thanks

Joe

You open your TVSeriesDatabase4.db3 database file in an SQLite editor, and then go to the 'Views' table.

In here you will find all the views that come default and those that you added via the MP-TVSeries configuration screen for Views. The name of the view is in the TransToken column and the pseudoSQL is in the viewConfig column.

So add a new view, and then edit that view with an SQLite editor so it does what you want. But in order to do so you need to know SQL, so you can create the correct query and then you need to convert that into MP-TVSeries pseudeSQL. This is not easy, which is why there are only a select few templates included on what most people want a view on.

The pseudoSQL only has access to a few select tables and corresponding columns, but I lost my reference guide as to which ones they are. Just check the pseudoSQL code on the existing templates otherwise, you should be able to figure it out if you know SQL. And if you don't then you will just have to be patient till more view filter functionality is added in the future.

PS: And I believe I answered you before, you can just use the default Template for 'Removable Media'. Place your German series on the local HDD and the English one on Removable media, then you can filter them with the existing template. Otherwise look at the pseudoSQL code for the templates on 'High Definition', 'Removable Media' and 'Subtitles' and you might be able to figure something out that will work for your situation.

JoeSmith

Portal Pro
    November 17, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Thanks RoChess, i'll have a look at the sql stuff. Done some Sql stuff a while back in university so it should not be too hard (at least the sql stuff).

I was not the one you to whom you suggested to use local and removable filter (found the thread now) but my problem is that all my episodes are now stored on my win2008r2 server and there is only a very small hdd on my htpc.

I'm fine if it will work in the future (hoping that its before 2012 :) )

Joe

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom